Thread: help

Thanks

Default help

i am very tired to much stress i have had a headache that wont go and i feel nothing is working out

Thanks

Well dang it - doesn't sound like you're in a good place. Can you take the day off?
    much love to all my lupie friends -

3. The Following User Says Thank You to karenboss For This Useful Post:

Jamilia (02-25-2010)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how frustrating and hopeless this can feel at times. We all get to that place at one time or another with this disease. But, you are not alone and we understand what you are dealing with and going through. Does your doctor know about your headaches? We often suffer from what is known as Lupus headaches. They are much like migraines, except they do not respond to migraine medication. They ease up when the underlying disease (the Lupus) starts to respond to medication.
    Talk to your doctor about your headaches to determine if they are, indeed, Lupus headaches and what type of treatment you can get.
    Do try to get some recuperative rest. It is important that you do that.
    Remember, we are here for you. Take Care

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Jamilia (02-25-2010)

Thanks

i wish i can being a mum is a non stop thing

Thanks

true nothing i am taking is making my headaches any better i am going to have to see dr for sure thankyou and hope things will get better and not any harder

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know being a mother is a non-stop job. But, do try to find some time for yourself to get some rest. It really is important that you do that. Let us know what your doctor says about your headaches.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Jamilia (02-25-2010)

Thanks

thanks i try my best not to do to much i have no help from no one did see dr and she did not worry to much just told me to rest and take the normal panadol the ones you get over counter told her they r not helping i can barely open my eyes and dr did nothing when i drop maybe then she might care i will have to go see someone else no dr is helping me so far just good at dropping a boombed shell and saying you have lupus i really dont trust drs much i had a child die from a drug they should not have given him and made him suffer more than he had too i will see another dr tomorro and thankyou for listening to me
    Jamilia

Thanks

Finding a Doctor you trust is the most important part of having a disease. Depending on your ANA, and symptoms they will try a regiment of medications to see which works for you. If you start taking a DMARD and it helps your symptoms stick with it. I am just about to test out plaquinel for a while to see how it makes me feel. I too get headaches which I would compare to "ice pick migraines" It feels like a stabbing pain in the top/side of my head, especially when I stand up or walk around. No migraine meds fix that. Sometimes muscle relaxer and a pain killer and a few hours of sleep will help, definitely LOTS of water. Hope this all helps, good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Summertime For This Useful Post:

Jamilia (02-27-2010)

Thanks

I get bad headaches too and my rheumi told me to see a neurologist to help treat for migraines. It sounds like I have lupus headaches also. It can be very frustrating when you don't know if it's the Lupus or a headcold or something else. The line can seem blurred as to what is making you feel sick on a day to day basis. I am seeing a neurologist next week, but I have a feeling he is going to say, it's the Lupus, in which case the migraine medicine won't work. I try to avoid meds whenever possible. Sometimes meds just mask the problem without treating it. You have to listen to your body and go with your gut instinct. I find that drinking a cup of coffee in the morning helps with me headaches and allergies. Try and avoid sun exposure and flourescent lights if possible. Hope you feel better.