Thread: Hi hi!

Thanks

Smile Hi hi!

Hello,

My name is Jessica, and I am 20 years old. I have -not- been diagnosed with SLE. However, my mother does have it, and she has suspected for a few years that I may as well.

I began testing a couple of years ago, but I was too afraid to continue with it when the doctor said I tested positive for two of the markers. I was told I have arthritis, but not the debilitating sort. If that makes any sense!

So yes, here I am. The pain associated with my arthritic flares has become worse over the past year or so. I do have Raynaud's, and as I said before, I do have arthritis. I get sick very, very easily and my fatigue is so bad for periods of time that it affects my work performance. I run fevers at least 2 or 3 times a week on average with no apparent trigger.

I have also been called a hypochondriac, but I do not think that is fair! I can bet at least a few of you can relate! The symptoms vary so much, and there are so many.

How did it feel when you were diagnosed with SLE? What indicated to you that you may have it? Were you scared to go to the doctor?

Anyhow, I ran across this support forum, and I thought it would be an encouraging idea to register and post here.

Thank you!

Kindest regards.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jessica,
    first I want to say Welcome to WHL.
    Secondly and more importantly, please continue with the testing. Don't be afraid to find and answer. You will find that it'a a relief to know that you are not imagining things. Also don't be afraid to go to the doctor. Having the doc tell you what is wrong or not wrong is a stress breaker. Lots of time, you feel badly because of stress.

You will also find wonderful people on this site who will be there for you and give you more info than I can.

Hugs -nonna

living Life to the best of my ability with patience

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Jessica;
    I am glad that you decided to join us. The symptoms you describe do sound like Lupus. I know that no one wants to have this disease, especially since it is a chronic disease. Everyone reacts differently to getting the news. Some are relieved because they are finally given a name for all of the things that have been affecting them; others are angry because they feel that they've lost a large part of their lives; some are frightened because they are unsure what their future will be like now that they have this disease.
    However you react, it is OK!! It is scary to be told that you have a disease, especially one that can affect every part of your body. You have to now consider how your life will be changed because of this disease, what you must now do in order to prevent this disease from escalating, and how you can take care of yourself so that you can maintain a somewhat normal lifestyle.
    We are here to help you with all of those issues and to make sure that you know that you are not alone. There are members here whose ages run the gamut from teenage to elderly, so there is someone here whom you can relate to and who can relate to you.
    I am glad that you are here and there will always be someone available to you when you need us!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!