Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My feet hurt

Thanks

Thanks Faith, I got ahold of my dr. in Oregon, he is concerned about the pain in my feet, I have an appt. scheduled for monday the 8th. and thanks for the info on dr Wiesner, I hope he works out, I should get a referal from my dr. on monday. Take care and God bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Hi there -
    OK, Im glad the last post was that the doc wanted to see you. It does seem that your symptoms asre increasing as you taper - which is happening to me at this time as well, and has masny times in the past. In any case, pain and bruising in the leg/foot area does seem to warrant an exam by doctor. I am in NO WAY trying to scare you, but ppl with lupus are susceptible to blood clots, and are very commonly seen in the lower legs. Im sure you are fine, but I have to say Im glad you are going to be seen. It stinks but we cant take chances with this disease, and Id rather see you have a wasted trip than something serious be going on and NOT to be seen.
    Please let us know how you make out?? Im praying you just have to go up a bit on you r prednisone to get the flare under control...
    Take care
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Keep us updated and let us know how you are doing.

God Bless,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jim,

i don't take steroids, but your explanation is very similar to many of the stories that i hear here at whl...people tappering steroids, and pain returning and even escalating. Have you considered talking to your dr. about another treatment option?

Like Faith said, i also find that my shoes are crucial to reducing my foot pain. I wear thick cushioned house shoes and soft, loose-fitting daily shoes....anything tight just sends unbearable pain into my feet and up my legs. So, treat yourself to some new shoes...

My rheumy always does a pressure point test on the balls of my feet, and each time i want to hit her (not really), but it always hurts when she presses my feet.

I guess this is a reality of our lives with lupus....so, my answer is.....wear comfortable shoes. This crazy disease means we simply treat the symptoms.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hey there dreamer, thanks for the info, it is kinda interesting about the loose fiting shoes, my feet actually felt better at work when I put my boots on, however they are not cheap boots at all, I keep them well oiled up and they are well broken in, made by whites boots, just the same after taking them off at the end of the day, wow, now my feet hurt, and to top it all off yesterday evening my gout decided to rear its ugly head in my big toe of my left foot, no rest for the wicked I guess. I have a dr. appt. on monday to find out what is going on. My wife got me some soft gel insert for my regular shoes today and that does seem to help but it does not cure the problem, waaaaaaa, my feet hurt, Oh well, we must keep moving forward. Have a good evening and God bless, Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Some great ideas and suggestions from mountain dreamer.

For a gout cure, go to your local grocery and buy 3-4 cans of cherry pie (reduced sugar) filling. Eat 2 cups per day and it will go away. My hubby has gout and when it flares, the cherry pie filling takes care of it or buy cherry capsules. I hope you feel well soon. Keep us updated.

God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

The softest working shoes that I know of are made by a company in San Antonio, called SAS shoes. I think that they are available everywhere. My Mom-in-law bought them in Florida, and I've seen them here in Ca. When Mom was alive, we used to buy them for her at the factory store in SA - much cheaper.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just a quick note, a muscle relaxer, also helps with foot pain. Sensible shoes during the day and themuscle relaxer at night. That works best for me

nonna

Matthew 11:25-30