Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My feet hurt

Thanks

Default My feet hurt

I havn't been on for a little while, I do miss all of you. Any way, the last couple of days I have noticed that my feet hurt a little bit and one had a bruise on the side of it, no big deal at the time, today the one foot that hurt a little bit now hurts pretty good to the point it is affecting how I walk and the other one shows that the bruise is getting better but I feel that it is starting to hurt now also. I have been tapering on my prednisone and am down to 16mg from 20mg. Has anybody experienced any thing like that?
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

I am not on prednisone. Last Summer I had what looked like a bruise on top of my foot; kept getting bigger and darker and it hurt to walk. I was told to elevate it in a recliner and stay off of it. Funny though, I think the dr said it may have been vasculitis. I thought it may be a clot due to Anti-phospholipid anti-body syndrome or vasculitis. I stayed off of it and, eventually, it went down. Maybe I was lucky?

I would definately get into the doctor and check it out. It could be serious. Did you find a local rheumy? I think the last time we chatted; you were looking for someone local. I hope you found someone you like. Keep us posted and take care.

God Bless,

Faith

Isaiah 40:31

Thanks

Hi Jim,
    Are your toes cold, too? Raynaud's could be a possibility.
    Good to see that you're alive and kickin'.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi, Not sure at all if this is what you're dealing with but whenever I have *flares* I tend to have a lot of joint pain in my extremities, especially my feet (and hands). It may be related to you tapering the prednisone, maybe it's your body telling you to slow down? Please keep us posted, I will pray for you!

Thanks

Thank you all for the advice and support, God bless you. I have not found a rheumy local as of yet, I have been waiting for my next doctor appointment to get a referal to a doctor in Sacramento to a doctor that Bonus mom suggested, doctor wiesner, she said he was pretty good. I have to drive 4 hours one way to my doctor now which is worth it to have a doctor that understands what I am going through, unfortunatly though, he is 4 hours awat and he is not open on fridays for me to even call in to get some advice. I will see how it is going tomorrow and if it is not any better I will call his office anyway and talk to the doctor on call and see what he says. It definetly is not getting any better, if anything I believe I am starting to feel it up in my legs a little bit. My toes do some time feel a bit cold but no discoloration or anything like that. I guess as far as the prednisone taper goes the last two times I tried the taper I started noticing problems when I got down to 16mg and below and I am at 16mg now, now that I think about it this all started about monday which is when I started feeling the feet pain. I am also noticing that my joints are starting to get achy now also in my hands and the pain I mentioned earlier in my legs is aroung my knee areas. Boy, these chats are good for getting around to self diagnosis haha. It realy is disheartening as I am sure all of you know having to go through all this while knowing that I am the sole provider for my family and I need to keep working to support us all. OK, enough of the boo hooing. My family is the one thing that keeps a smile on my face and keeps me going, my imediate family and my WHL family. Thank you all. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi scubagramplit,

so nice to hear from you again. I hope you are doing ok.

i don't have bruises on my feet, but i certainly go through periods where walking is extremely painful. Where is your pain? mine is on the bottom of the foot, close to the toes. I also have problems with pain in the small connective tissue on the top of my foot at the ankle.

when this happens, i try to stay off of them as much as possile, and i always wear comfortable shoes with lost of cushion.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

mountain dreamer, feet hurt at the balls and the heal mostly, I feel pain around my knees/lower thighs, my wrists, fingers, and joints in my hands. Yes, I have been away for awhile, busy working, getting to the end of this semester and graduation will be on the twelth of March, I am really hoping that this will go away but realisticly I know that it won't. I will just have to bear through it for now and hope that I can get in to see someone next week. You take care. Jim.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So nice to see you back here,but im sorry you are hurting.Just to say my toes have been sore,but to me your symptoms sound like Raynaurds/fibro or maybe RA,but i am no doctor lol.Hope you feel better soon.
    Love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks amanda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    So nice to see you back here,but im sorry you are hurting.Just to say my toes have been sore,but to me your symptoms sound like Raynaurds/fibro or maybe RA,but i am no doctor lol.Hope you feel better soon.
    Love
    Amanda.xxxx

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Are the red areas warm to touch? That would indicate vasculities. Otherwise, I think it's because you are either tapering or fibromyalgia. I get pain in my feet from fibro; but it's different from vasculities as the latter is red, swells and looks really ugly.

I have found the most comfortable shoes ever with lots of cushion and support. They are similar to crocs but at a fraction of the cost when on sale at Landsend. They are called trellos and are actually nicer looking than crocs. They had them clearanced for 7.99 about a month ago. I have three of them in different colors.

Keep us updated and let us know how you are feeling. I am praying the pain will go away. Hang in there and let us know about Dr. Weisner in Sacramento. I have heard he is very good.

God Bless,

Faith