Thread: Finally some answers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Finally some answers!

YES!!!!!! I went to my kids doctor today and FINALLY got some answers I desperatly needed. When I told him what my old GP was doing at the clinc here in town my kids doctor went nuts. He first said that a GP a PA or a MD shouldn't be dealing with meds that they don't really know about (lithium and depakote) especially when it comes to the mind. He said that the lithum is causing my hair loss and my body shaking. Dr. Christensen went on examining me and confirmed that I DO have lupus(he listened to my lungs and said they sounded horrible, looked at my face and looked at the chart that was sent up from the Aberdeeen Butcher Clinc) [thank heavens for an answer] and refered me to a rheumatologist. I'm so happy I could do kart wheels. I would like to thank you guys for convincing me that I should go out there and find another doctor and another oppion.

Thanks

Wink

Good for you, Potts!
    That's what these online support groups are for - support! Sometimes we need a little encouragement when it comes to dealing with the medical community, even when we know in our hearts and minds what we need to do. I've found that the very best source of information about a medical issue is to go directly to the source - the people who are living with the issue. Luckily for me, I learned that when I joined La Leche League when I was learning to breastfeed my first baby - nearly 33 years ago.
    That is exactly why I sought out this group when I was told "possible Lupus" and I found the support group for AVN when I got that dx.
    I'm glad that your kids' doc is a good one, and now you are headed for a rheumy. Is the kids' doc a pediatrician, or is he a family doc, so that you can keep him as your PCP?
    Good luck,
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

potts77 (02-23-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla Thanks for all the information that you have given me. It was truely useful today in figuring out what I have. My doctor now and my childrens doctor is thankfully a family doctor so I can keep seeing him.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi potts,

hooray for you. you took charge and found a person who would help you. congratulations for being your best advocate.

have you made the appointment with the rheumy? if you need any help preparing yourself for this appointment, please know that we are here and ready to help. I learned so much from this group when i was first diagnosed, and it made it much easier for me and my rheumy to work together and develop a treatment plan.

be sure and tell your kids' pediatrician, that we all say thank you for helping.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I say you have to ALWAYS KEEP FIGHTING the FIGHT for YOURSELF! No one else will do it for you thats for sure! YOU know YOUR BODY BEST! Dont let anyone tell you otherwise! Ive been through NUMEROUS drs BUT i am ending up with some pretty darn GOOD ONES cuz of it! GOOD JOB!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

potts77 (02-25-2010)

Thanks

oops! Almost forgot! I LOVE YOUR GOLDEN!!!!! AWWWWWWW, its like looking at my CALLI!!! Arent pets the BEST!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Don't you hate having to sift through a bunch of moron doctors before you find one that actually cares? I was blessed to find one that not only happens to be my kids doctor but my good friends brother. So if he decieds to be an idiot and forget to care about his patients she can take care of him.
    Her name's Zoey. My boys thought when she was a puppy that she looked like that silly muppet on seaseme street. I love her dearly. She's so wonderful and silly.

Thanks

We used to have a Golden named Duke and a Black Lab named Zoe. They are both still in Texas - Duke with my grandson's other grandparents and Zoe with a sweet lady whose Lab had died. I miss those two sweethearts!
    BTW, Zoe means Life in Greek.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Oh thats TOO CUTE! The muppet on Sesame Street! I LOVE IT! LOL "SHE" can take care of him! I LOVE THAT TOO!!! LOL WOOO HOOO!!!!

AWWWW~ Marla, it sounds like they are in GOOD HANDS though! But boy i bet you sure DO MISS THEM! XXXOOO