Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cytoxan and Imuran

Thanks

Default Imuran - infor for AndyMan

Hey AndyMan,
    I hope everything goes well or went well. I wanted to offer my info in regards to Imuran. I had a hard time with that medicin. It seemed to work pretty well (I got me down on the Prednisone), but I had terrible stomach problems with Imuran. I took 50mg/day. I lost hair - but not as bad as before, although I had a brush full of loose hair every time I brushed it. SUCKS!!! But... when I started getting heart pains the MDs took me off Imuran immediately. My stomach is slowly easing up again, but Imuran was very hard on me.
    Best of luck to you.
    Fendi

Thanks

Hi

I have just been informed that they are also going to put my on Cytoxan... They are also going to keep me on the CellCept and increase it... Is it common to be on both?

Just curious...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Hi there!!

I have also been on Imuran was on 100mg a day 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening, I found I had hair loss in the beginning but it got better, I also found when I first went on it was a nauseuas (spelling) ops:, once I was on it a while used to bruise easily and had to be careful of infection as bllod count went very low, but you get used to it and I prefer it to prednisone, I blow up so give me Imuran any day.

Hope this helps a little.

CHeers and good luck