Thread: The past few months!

Thanks

Smile The past few months!

Wow, our site is so beautiful!!!!! It has been a while and I have missed you all sooooooooooooooooo much! I have kept in touch with a lot of you through Facebook but there are some I miss terribly.......Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the last few months we have planned our third annual Four Peaks Pick Up and it has taken most of our time. Here is our latest interview:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=67744697001

We had about 500 individuals and cleaned up 27 tons of trash out of our beautiful desert that day! It was inspirational and beautiful to see our desert clean at the end of the say! The clouds rolled in that afternoon and nature washed away what was left. It was truly a new start that afternoon!

Here is the website for the actual clean up!!!!

http://fourpeakspickup.blogspot.com/

I hope all of you have been well and have been as healthy as can be this new year. I miss you all everyday!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We missed you too!! Great job.
    Natasha
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hey there!

That is awesome Danica! You and Tim got on TV too, good work. I love the Four Peaks area. I've climbed the north peak a few times, and I love the view up there. The first time I climbed it was on a day in April and it snowed on us! My friend Terry, who owns the Scottsdale Gun Club has been up there with me on two climbs/hikes, and we were both angered by all the trash we saw in the lower areas. We actually took trashbags on one trip and cleaned up the small parking lot at the head of the trail up to the north peak, and picked up a bunch of trash on the trail. It was just the two of us, nothing nearly as organized as you and Tim are doing. It's good to know such a beautiful area has so many who care about it.

Another area I remember being bad was the McDowell Mountains up where Thumb Rock is. People who dump their trash out there are pondscum as far as I'm concerned. So how are you feeling lately? I'm hanging in there. Lots of brain fog problems lately, and not as many physical ache's and pains. Had another IV Methylpred treatment which has me up at night with insomnia and I'm on edge during the day from it. Typical side effects. The good news is that there is no progression of nerve/myelin damage from MS. Very good news. I've been getting out more lately, and I am more active and social. Even went out on a couple of dates with a lady I met through my sister. Just taking it easy, and enjoying some companionship.

It's so good to hear from you. I hope all is well.

Rob

Thanks

Hey Danica!
    You have been missed, girl!
    From all the great news, I hope that it also means that your health has been better, too. Are you and Tim both working, and doing well? It's great that you were able to get out in the great outdoors and do something for the environment, too.

As for you, Rob
    Good for You! Get out there and date. I'm sure that any lady that you take out is a lucky one.

Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi danica...

it was so nice to hear from you the other day, and i hope we can stay in touch with each other. Congrats to you and tim...wow - 27 tons is a huge amount of trash. You deserve to be honored by a tv interview....that is an incredibly wonderful gift that you and tim give to your community.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Danica;
    You were missed! What an awesome contribution!! 27 tons..good grief. You have every right to be proud!
    Way To Go!!

Peace and BLessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!