Thread: Physical Therapist Today

Thanks

Default Physical Therapist Today

Well, I went to see the PT today. Finally, somebody who agrees with me and says that we need to address the awful pain in my right knee so that I can walk! After examining the knee, he wants me to see an orthopedic surgeon again. He thinks that the problem is still Avascular Necrosis, which is what I've been saying for a year! Last year at this time, the OS that did my knee surgery wouldn't listen when I said that I was still in pain. He said that I would be pain-free if I exercised and lost 20 pounds.
    So, here I go onto the merry-go-round with an OS again. Wish me luck!
    He also suggested a massage therapist. Now that, I can get into!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

fingers crossed!!!! Good luck!!! I am glad to hear that you found someone who is actually listening to you.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi Marla,

I too, want to wish you good luck.

The problem with these doctors is, if they admit, that you could still be in pain, it could hurt their ego.
    I have had a little carpal tunnel and cubitaltunnel ( elbow) surgery last year. After I had healed, I had to go back after six months for a check up. The surgeon asked me how it felt and I told him that the numbness ( reason for the surgery) was gone,
    But that I now had pain and severe weakness in my hand. He totally dismissed that.
    I was ticked off. Today 12 months later, I still have pain and weakness.
    I am convinced, that they think, when the surgery is done by them, it was perfekt and our complaints do not fit in with their egos.
    I hope you get the help you need.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi marla,

ooolala...a massage therapist...how quickly can he write your referral.

hey girl, i send you tons of hugs as you re-enter this merry go round with the OS
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just wanted to pop in to wish you the best of luck. Please let us know how it goes!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I have a very, very cool PT. Today he had me to do some exercises, and then he personally walked me to the OS office next door to arrange for an appointment for next week, and he plans to attend my appointment with me! I've had a PT that I liked very much in Texas, but this guy really takes the gold medal! I think that he will help me to make very sure that I get the right care and can be in the best possible shape for my trip.
    Oh, how I wish that all of you could find someone like him!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Marla -
    Im SO happy to hear you have a good PT and that he is willing to even go WITH you!! I think of all the egomaniacs in the medical profession, surgeons (followed by a VERy close second in rheumatologists) take the cake.And, BTW - shame on him...avascular necrosis can be very serious. I know you said you had it before as well. Thats a painful condition...
    Hope you dont have to struggle with the OS now that you have someone else "on your side". And hoping all is fixed and ready for your trip!
    Love
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is enough that we are so very happy for you that you've found one who could take the gold medal. That is wonderful news!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!