Thread: New to the group

Thanks

Default New to the group

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago I got a Lupus diagnosis and its been a big challenge trying to figure out how to handle this.
    I am 31 years old and have never had any health problems before. I started with lots of pain in my hands and it went on from there. I am joining to get some support because I don't know anyone else who has this.

Thanks

Hi Jazzy!
    Now you know lots of people who have Autoimmune issues, and we're from all over the world, too. Welcome to WHL. Feel free to come here to chat, vent or ask questions. We all understand. Read through the threads that interest you, especially the stickys. There is a lot of great information here.
    Come back and keep us updated on how you are doing.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Jazzy,

I too, want to say " welcome to WHL".
    Like Marla said, we are all here for getting and giving support.
    Whatever questions you may have, we are going to try and answer them.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

You really have come to the right place! You will be surrounded by love and support at all times. Just be open and honest and everyone will be happy to help you get through all of this. It is tough and hard at times but you will take a huge sigh of relief knowing you have support here! Everyone understands and everyone will help! Hang in their. I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of healing and relief
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome Jazzy,
    Hope you can find some solace here, this is a great place for info and people that know what you are feeling. I was diagnosed Jan of 09 at the age of 28. Feel free to share your stories, worries, and rants about your feelings.

Natasha
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jazzy,

welcome to our family. as you can see, this is a home filled with compassion. there is a magnitude of knowledge among our members, so you feel free to ask any questions.

being diagnosed a few months ago, means that you are probably in a very frightened state at the moment. please try not to worry. yes, lupus is a devastating diagnosis and it changes our lives....but, we can help you face uncertainties, and we can walk with you as you learn how to live with lupus.

i am glad that you decided to join, and i look forward to chatting more with you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today