Hi Summertime,

I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Did the doctor run a C-Reactive Protein, C3 and C4? This will also show infalmmation as well. Just curious. Plaquenil will not effect any tests although you should see a opthamologist to get a baseline on your eyes with check-ups every 6 months. Plaquenil is very effective. The baseline is done to see if you have toxicity in your eyes in following visits down the road. Plaquenil usually does not affect the eyes until you have been on the med for 8-10 years.

Prior to getting a diagnosis, I would get a life insurance policy as well as a disability policy in case you are no longer able to work. I am not saying this to scare you. Once dx'd with Lupus, you are unable to get life insurance or disability insurance (unless it is from your work).

I think you have Lupus and fibromyalgia. Fibro will indeed cause nerve issues and extreme pain. I have non-stop lower back pain 24/7 and see a pain management doctor. In fibro, the brain/nerves send out pain messages to your body. There is not a blood test for fibro as it is a touch test on your upper and lower back along with symptoms. A friend told me Cedars Sinai has a good rheumatology team. Another option is to google Lupus LA as they help out patients in Los Angeles whom are financially struggling. If you need meds; check out needymeds and many pharmaceutical companies will cover your meds if you complete the paperwork and have your doctor sign. If you can afford to; I would try to Cobra??

Keep us updated and take care,

Faith