Thread: New Member

Thanks

Default New Member

Hi,
    I was just diagnosed with discoid lupus. I had a lesion on my left temple biposied and got the results about a week ago. I've also got hashimoto's thyroiditis and I understand that this is common (thyroid disorders) with lupus. I'm a 39 year old male. There's much for me to learn. Any advice on internet sites, books, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for having this forum!
    Tikiman

Thanks

Default New Member

Well your in luck as I have BOTH discoid and SLE Lupus and Hasimotos disease....the hasimotos is no big deal you take some syntheroid each day and your fine....for the discoid avoid sunlight,dirt,dust and dry hands..wear gloves and use PURPOSE ream and when you get a leasion that won;t go away try this stuff called DIPROLENE.....HOPE YOU"RE DOING OK TODAY...I'll be her is ya wanna talk again

stjames

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New Member

Tikiman;
    The Lupus Foundation of America has an excellent web site with hyperlinks to other sites that offer good information. Here are some very good books:
    1.Living With Lupus by Sheldon Paul Blau, M.D.
    2. The Lupus Book: A guide for patients and their families by Daniel J. Wallace
    3. Lupus: Everything you Need to Know by Robert G. Lahita and Robert N. Phillips
    4. Lupus: The Facts by Graham R. V. Hughes
    Of course, their is our site here!!! This is where you can come to talk, ask questions, share information, get support and help others! I highly recommend us!!!
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tikiman:
    Hi,
    I was just diagnosed with discoid lupus. I had a lesion on my left temple biposied and got the results about a week ago. I've also got hashimoto's thyroiditis and I understand that this is common (thyroid disorders) with lupus. I'm a 39 year old male. There's much for me to learn. Any advice on internet sites, books, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for having this forum!
    Tikiman
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks

Default New Member

TIKIMAN,I AM A NEW MEMBER ALSO, BUT I'VE HAD DISCOID LUPUS SINCE 92. NO ONE IN MY FAMILY HAS EVER HAD THIS THAT I KNOW ABOUT.I GO TO A DERMATOLIGISTS FOR MY LESIONS HE INJECTS THEM WITH STEROIDS AND IF I GET TO HIM WHEN THE LESIONS ARE VERY SMALL (LIKE TINY PIMPLES) THEY WILL GO AWAY.I'VE USED CREAMS, LOTIONS,PLAQUENIL ETC.BUT STILL HAVE LESIONS ON SCALP,FACE,NOSE,ARM'S,HANDS AND CHEST. BUT NEVER ANYWHERE ELSE ON MY BODY,MY DOCTOR'S HAVE ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT SUN AND STRESS MAKE IT WORSE.I AM NOW LOOKING FOR MORE ANSWERS TO OUR FIGHT AGAINST THIS!

Thanks

Default New Member

Thanks for all of the feedback. I go to the rheumatologist next week for the first time. I've been using a topical steroid on the main lesion on my temple and also one on my hand that I forgot to mention. They both seem to be pretty much dormant for now.
    Tikiman