Thread: Fell Again

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Fell Again

Well friends, I fell again. This time it was over a welding lead that should not have been left in the middle of the livingroom floor. I have a larger bruise on my torso just above my belt line. It is pretty sore. I was trying to be careful, but I guess I was not careful enough. Unfortunately, each time I fall it takes a little more out of me.

Thanks

Oh, please be careful! I hope that you gave a good tongue-lashing to the owner of that welding lead!
    I fell in the Kitchen last Thursday night with the container that we keep all of our meds in falling out of my hands. I had come in tired after attending two spouses' functions in one day and was getting the melatonin out of the container in an attempt to get some sleep that night. The awful thing was that I fell so hard, I peed in the floor! Jeff didn't know whether to laugh or to worry about me. Now I have a huge bruise on the underside of my arm. I must have hit the cabinet as I went down.
    Take care of yourself, and make sure that you didn't do any worse damage than the bruise.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry you fell Magistramaria. Hope you are not in a lot of pain. I didn't have to give him a tongue lashlashing because I could tell he felt really bad about leaving the welding lead there.

Thanks

Hi, yes, falling is a big problem. I had a bad fall last December, I was at a memorial at our local memorial garden. I tripped as it was a very wet evening. The bruise went from my ankle to above my knee, and acovered all the way around the front of my leg. It was incredibly painful, and still has a large mark where it was, which I was told will probably never go. My rheumy says its left deposits of iron that havent been absorbed into my body. I am currently having tests re bruising at the haemotology dept. At the moment I have an abnormal platelet count, unsure what this means, they are going to write to me apparently. Lets hope we can all be more careful x
    mabeljane

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope everyone is okay and i thought it was only me and something i did that this happens. Take care all of you. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Mabeljane,

I have been concerned about the bruising too. Next time I go to my Dr., I am going to ask him about that. Also, I should really take a picture of it. It doesn't seem normal to me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A few days after the fall, I went to see a chiropractor and he gave me an adjustment. My hips and my neck were out of alignment. He said that the orbital axis was not rotating like it should and that it was stuck. After the treatment, I noticed right away that I could move my head to the right much further than I could before. He said I will need at least 20 adjustments, maybe more, maybe less, depending on how my body responds. He thought I had a medical background. I told him I don't, but I have had enough medical type things happen to me that I now know some of the medical jargon. I seem to know a little about a lot medically, but not a lot about one particular medical thing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sorry to hear that you fell. I get adjustments by my chiropractor too and have found that they have really helped improve my balance. I was laughing at what you said about the doctor thinking you had a medical background. I get that question asked alot too and it amuses me and makes me mad - kind of like if I had known it would only take my throwing around a few medical terms that relate to my physical state of being to get you to give me your full attention, then heck, I would have been using them years ago and maybe I would have found my answers sooner.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.