Thread: I haven't been on in forever!...so heres an update

Hybrid View

Thanks

Unhappy I haven't been on in forever!...so heres an update

So, since the seizure back in January, I have had some crazy happenings. A week after I had the seizure I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child. I am currently 8 weeks along now and high risk due to the seizures and the lupus. I have to see my rheumy every 2 months during my pregnancy, see a high risk OB along with my regular OB, have more blood tests and sonos, I was taken off all my meds except Plaquenil, put on Keppra for seizures, and Im on a prenatal and extra folic acid daily. My lupus isn't too bad atm although Im waiting for blood test results. I have to do a 24 hr urine starting tomorrow to get a baseline for my kidneys and im waiting to hear if i have SSA & SSB antibodies(for heart block potential and neonatal lupus etc.)The baby seems to be fine, had my first sono Feb. 12th at 7 weeks and 3 days and the baby and my cervix look good, heartbeat was 140s and strong. I am due Sept. 25th 2010. I am looking for anyone who may have gone through a similar experience and to calm my nerves. I am soo tired all the time and scared its gonna cause another seizure. I have had to drop classes at school. Im just bummed in a way I am excited about the baby but nervous too because I dont want anything to happen to us. Like my bf said, "I hope her body can handle it." I am saying prayers so please pray with me and I hope you all are well. *hugs* Take care. -Brittanee
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OH wow Congratulations,but i soooooooo understand your fear.I have no answers,but others will be here soon to hopefully give you their experiences. I will keep you in my thoughts every day. Just take it slow and enjoy this time if you can, i know you are afraid whats going to happen,but wow a little baby,well done.
    So glad Lupus is keeping at bay for now and i hope the seizures are under control for a long time.So glad you are back you were missed.You take care and i'll be thinking of you both.

lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Congratulations!!! it must be a worrying time, but just think a lovely little baby!!! I hope it all goes well, cant help with advice i'm afraid as mine are grown now. I wish you well, and hope that the lupus keeps at bay for you
    mabeljane

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will, indeed pray for you and with you. Congratulations on your pregnancy and the fact that the baby is healthy and strong. My prayers are that it continues this way though childbirth and afterwards.
    I have no personal experience to share with you, I just wanted to give you my congratulations.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Congratulations and i to will remember you and the baby in my prayers. Love Bonita

Thanks

Hey Mommy of 2,
    Congratulations. I haven't had the high risk pregnancies that you are having, but I have had 5 of them and I've helped to deliver 35 babies as a midwife's assistant. I suggest that you also add raspberry leaf tea into your daily routine. It's a great "pregnancy tonic". Also, eat lots of protein. The baby's brain and other organs develop better from you eating lots of protein. Also, avoid salt as it contributes to edema. Avoid salty, sugary, over-processed foods. Become a health-food nut and eat lots of fresh, whole foods. Get a nice balance of rest and exercise, and try not to worry.
    Read and learn a lot while you are pregnant - you know the drill. Also, whether you did with the 1st one or not, consider breastfeeding if your meds don't preclude it. Read La Leche League's book The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and check out the site 101 Reasons to Breastfeed your Baby.
    Happy Baby!
    Marla