Thread: Ever hear of AIED?

Thanks

Question Ever hear of AIED?

I was doing some research in preparing for my upcoming rheumy appointment when this jumped out at me. There is something called Autoimmune Inner Ear Disorder. It is characterized by hearing loss, vertigo, ringing in the ears and a feeling of fullness in the ears, indistinguishable from Meniere's. I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease 12 years ago. There didn't seem to be any reason why it had appeared. Soon after that, those strange sores on my skin appeared, too. The doc that I had at the time didn't order any blood work.
    Now I'm finding a connection here. The info about AIED says that it is found side-by-side with other AI issues, like SLE, Sjogren's, and RA - all of which I've tested positive for. How about that?
    Now, if I can find a connection between AI and my Spasmodic Dysphonia, it really starts to make sense!
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla;
    I had heard only snippets about AIED quite some time ago. Are you going to mention this to your doctor to see what he thinks? I am so impressed at how our members here continually research and gather information in order to make themselves informed! Also, I truly appreciate it when you pass the information on to us so that we might be able to learn something and go "Aha".
    If you do mention this to your doctor, let us know what he thinks also!

Thanks
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi SaySusie,
    Here's one of the sites that I found about AIED - http://www.vestibular.org/vestibular...toimmunity.php
    It describes me exactly. I was diagnosed 12 years ago with Meniere's, but I started having hearing issues long before that. When I was singing with The Skylarks back in 1990-1993, I started noticing that I needed to have the other sopranos on my right side, or I couldn't match pitches. If I had them on my left, I'd start matching pitches with the altos. At the time, I just started calling my left ear "my bad ear" and didn't give it too much thought. Now, I've lost so much hearing in both ears, I can't sing at all anymore. As a singer yourself, I'm sure that you know how that makes me feel.
    I guess that it is just one more indication that these AI issues have been with me for a long time.
    I see my rheumy tomorrow, and I've got a lot to talk about with her.
    Marla