Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to SandyR

Thanks

Wink Shout out to SandyR

Sandy,
    You haven't told us about the trip to Florida and Disney! Come on girl, tell us about what fun you had on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! Did you find any cute guys while you were there? How was your Mom's B-day?
    It's a shame that you're not there now. My son is in Orlando on business this weekend. His business has a booth at some big car show there.
    I'm waiting to see the pics!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla, you really brought a smile to my face and made me laugh! I am still in FL. I am supposed to leave at 9am tomorrow, but it is snowing in NYC right now and will continue to snow through tomorrow afternoon so I am expecting to be delayed. I still have to wake up at 5am to find out though.
    FL has been great so far! Got in last Tuesday. Flight was turbulent in the 2nd half as we flew over the storms in the Carolina's down. The girl sitting next to me freaked out and screamed and grabbed onto me which just made me laugh. She was better after I told her to just breathe. Honestly, I thought it was a little too turbulent too (and I am one who has flown my whole life and actually likes flying) but I am also the kind who doesn't see what losing it will do. It was all a little comical to me and thankfully, we got in on time with no calamities. When we landed I met up with my parent's and we headed right off to Downtown Disney. We grabbed an early dinner at Wolfgang Puck's, where the nicest people work - they actually asked if there were any food allergies/issues and when the waitress wasn't sure exactly if something had milk/dairy in it, the chef came out and made personal suggestions for my meal. Thumbs up to that! After dinner it was onto Cirque de Soliel's "La Nobula" at the theatre on the Downtown Disney property. That was aaaaaaa-mazing! There is so much to see on the stage at one time that my eyes and brain were fighting to process it all. I don't know how those talented performers do that show 2x/night. I think I could see it 2x/night for a month and still not notice all there was to see in the show. The creator of that show is incredibly imaginative and creative!
    Wednesday my mom made omelets. She makes the best omelets. We are always joking around that she should open a breakfast stop that only serves eggs. It would have to have some kooky name like “Speggtacular Pat’s”. One of her birthday wishes was to go get her window treatments so we decided to do that too. That was a long process, she didn’t really have a clear idea of what she wanted until we got there and it was slightly overwhelming for her with all the curtain options, but luckily, I have a lot of experience in that area and we managed to pick out treatments for all but 2 rooms of the house. We even got to hang the dining room the next day and it looks great. Warmed the room right up! We were going to go to see the great mouse at his house on her birthday, which was Friday, but rain was forecasted so we moved it to Sunday and went to get mani/pedi’s on Friday instead. I made birthday waffles for breakfast and I had my stepdad get a cake while we were out getting our nails done. We went to a Chinese buffet she likes for dinnr and she didn’t even notice it sitting on the table till when we came back until I started looking for birthday candles.
    Saturday we took a trip to see my aunt and uncle and cousin’s who live 2.5 hours from here. I had a great time there. My uncle BBQ’d and we all just hung out and reminisced and laughed. My cousin has a new dog and I enjoyed meeting him too. That was an all day thing.
    Sunday was Mickey Mouse day. We left early with my parent’s neighbors around 9am and were gone at Disney’s Magic Kingdom until 11:30pm. I will be posting some of my 200+ pictures soon. We had a great time. Her neighbors are Disney enthusiasts so they know all the little tricks to navigating the park and even a 3mile shortcut to get in and avoid traffic. My Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day free pass worked like a charm so I spent the $80 ticket price on some souvenirs that I wanted. A Tigger hoodie and some Christmas ornaments and magnets and a frame. A great little tip I found out from my mom’s neighbor: any of the Disney gift shops offer a package pickup service so you don’t have to carry your bags around the park all day, you can pick them up at the door when you leave.
    Today was rest and relax day. Mom and I did a little shopping, had to exchange a couple of the curtains that were stained and the pants I had gotten her for Christmas. Drove around a little and picked up some pulled pork for dinner. They don’t have it by me the way they do down here. We basically just enjoyed the day. I am sad to leave tomorrow, but happy to be going home too.
    Boy, I have been blabbing on and on. Enough about me. How have you all been?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Wow, what a great Florida vacation. It sounds like you had all kinds of fun! I'm still waiting to hear from Tom about his trip.
    I've eaten at a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Las Vegas. I spent $62 on my lunch, and if given the chance, I'll do it again. That meal was incredible.
    We haven't been to one of the Disney parks in quite a while, so I guess we need to go back soon.
    I do enjoy the part of Florida that your folks moved to. Now that Jeff's Mom has passed and his brothers moved to Jacksonville, we no longer have family there.
    I hope that you have a safe trip back to NY. The cold will be a bit of a shock, I'm sure.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Marla, my mom LOVES making new friends. I will give you her address and you can go spend time in that area with her. Although it hasn't been really warm here until today, I am definately not looking forward to the snow. Did I mntion that my lovely landlady closed the vent where my heat comes out and also didn't move my car for the plows so now it's buried by 2'+ of snow? fun, fun!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow sandy,

what a wonderful vacation. I am so glad that you were able to make the trip to visit your mom and stepdad. I know your mom was happy to have you there to help with curtains....

hope you are able to fly back into ny soon....so much snow on this side of the country, even way down here in the south.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What a nice trip! It all sounds lovely, Sandy. I look forward to seeing your pictures and am praying for your safe return.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am home!!!! And even unpacked already. I had to get that big suitcase out of the way or I will keep tripping over it. I will load the pictures soon and post on here when I do.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

SandyR;
    What a wonderful vacation!! You are so disciplined to be unpacked already. We still have not unpacked from our trip 2 weeks ago!!
    Have you unburied your car yet?? Glad you are back and that you had a wonderful vacation!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wasleasantly surprsied to find it cleared off. YEAH!!!!

Thanks

Lol..just so you know..I AM that girl sitting next to you grabbing your arm...I have really bad anxiety now and flying is one of my "things"..I got really sick on a plane once..ruptued cyst on my ovary and it was soooo scary to not be able to get help....was taken off in Newark by ambulance..not fun...i think that is where it started
    sounds like you had a great trip, post some pics!
    Andrea