Now this is a bit gross so if your queasy you might not want to read.
Basically the flat I have atm is a typical student flat. E.g. a bit rubbish. Its 7th floor but has single glazing n the windows are rotting away a bit so we get a draught through really badly which obviously makes me cold. So my boyfriend blocked the draught with a duvet. Anyway, in the room there was a smell and i couldn't pinpoint it. So today I did a big clean of the room and eventually reached the window.
Then i realised that neither me or my boyfriend had checked the duvet we had put in the window a few weeks previously. It had got damp due to condensation and the window leaking a bit, and in turn had grown mould on it, and quite a lot of it.
Now i used to work as a cleaner at a chip shop, so not a lot of dirt phases me, but this was disgusting, so I had to clean it. I covered my arms and picked the duvet off the sill and put it into a double bin bag, tied it up threw it away. However the sill under was dirty so cleaned that too.
Then I came online and googled mould and learnt your not really meant to clean it especially if you have a poor immune system (like myself of course). I'm just slightly worried about if I'm going to be ill, and also whether my recent flare up, which has been quite bad, is due to this mould situation and by spreading the spores i've made myself worse :S
I wouldn't normally come straight on here to rant but my boyfriends away for the weekend so can't ask him first!
I've decided not to sleep in the room to minimise how much im near the spores, and in retrospect I should've worn a mask.I've not had any ashtma like symptons or anything which i gather can be an issue mould causes, so i think i should be fine. But yea, as you can probably tell i'm just panicing a bit :S