Thread: my daughters stupid school

Hybrid View

Thanks

Angry my daughters stupid school

well hi everyone well all of you know of my daughter mikaelas health issues at the moment she goes for liver scan on monday and has to see phycologist on thursday for the bullying issues at school as well as her problems associated with her aspergers and autism well the stupid sports teacher was told she was not to play sports because of her headaches and balance problems as well as her stomach problems well this teacher decided to play dodge ball and threw balls at mikaela she has bruises to her stomach back and headaches from being hit in the head and had to have more time off school all because of stupid teacher you would think they would have more common sense after all she has epilepsy as well i am so angry she is also having series of blood tests to check for lupus and other diseases as if i didnot have enough to worry about with my health and stephen being sick and mikaela health issues they just add to them also i got on to goverment housing about my transfer no one will return my calls the only reply i got was just after christmas when one operator said donot sweat it you will get it when you get it. they were more concerned with the fact that there airconditioner had gone on the blink. and when i pointed out that i am so sorry they are concerned about there airconditioner but i have not been able to have shower for a year and was washing in handbasin he proceeded to tell me that this was not his concern but they were entitled to good working conditions and i said i was entitled to good living conditions he hung up on me. being in this place is depressing me very much. than ks for listening kim l hugs everyone and have great day love kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

that story about the sports teacher makes me so angry! How dare he take her health into his hands. He knew he had a medical condition. I hope you have reported him. Here in the states, a teacher could get fired or lose their teaching license for an incident like that. How is Mikaela now?
    That operator who told you their AC is more of a concern than your shower is a disgrace. Does your social worker fight for you with the housing board? Do you put these incidents in writing to track what has occured? Have you written them a formal complaint? Have you considered a public defender/attorney to help advocate your rights for you? Ridiculous to compare the comfort and luxury of air conditioning to the basic daily living activity that is washing. I would call every week, every day even, and complain. Write down dates and names and numbers. Write letters. Make it so they KNOW your name when you call. Make it so they know your VOICE and can't forget you. Make it so they wish so bad you were gone that they do everything you need done to get rid of you. You deserve to live in a healthy environment and good living conditions.
    BTW - any news on all those medical tests? How's Stephen? How are you? And Sarah? Is your son still there?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi kim,

i am continuously amazed at how some physical education teacers are oblivious to the problems that some of their students face. I am so sorry that Mikaela was treated that way. I hope she is doing better today.

Hooray for you.....you let that guy on the phone know what you are going through... It is unfortunate that is he more concerned about his air conditioning.

take care....i know things have to change around soon....you deserve the best, and i hope you get it soon.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know much about Mr. Airconditioner, but you need to contact your county health department. It's not tolerable in the US as it is sub-standared and against most county health rules. About the school though, I'd suggest lodging a complaint to the school board about the teacher. Also send in a doctor's note and a note written by you and give it to whoever it concerns about physical education. Have it make sure that it says that she can't have strenuos exercises due to health concerns. Also, you can look into suing the teacher himself as his actions could cause further health concerns. He has no right to be puting people in danger like that. What would he do if something had happened?

Good job with Mr. AC, by the way. He diserved it! You have the right to complain about things, especially when it's illegal in your area. Also, make sure you document everything. Get it signed by an attorney if you need to. I wish you the best of luck. I hope Mikaela is feeling better, and I hope you get everything situated quickly. Remember to find the time to try relax and de-stress.
    Nicole
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Kim! ((((Hugs)))) upon (((Hugs)))

I wish you weren't way over there so we could come over and help out. I'd personally love to go have a talk with the PE teacher!

I agree with Sandy's idea of being a pain in the hiney to the people about moving to better accommodations. I think that is an excellent idea. You handled that well, Kim. Maybe giving them a dose of that once a week will drive them to get it in gear. How do people like that get in job positions where they're supposed to help others? And why would they want to do that for a living anyways when it's obvious they don't really care about people? Some people!!

Thanks

My town has banned dodge-ball from gym class altogether...they are so worried about getting sued that the kids are barely allowed to do anything physically active anymore. I do know that a girl in my daughters 6 th grade gym class has CP and is very limited but they try to include her in most activities to a degree within her limits..your PE teacher sounds like a loony and I would go see them face to face if you are up to it.
    Andrea