Thread: Ana Bear...

Thanks

Default Ana Bear...

I'm still working on figuring out exactly how to respond to the comments that I receive and so far this is what I've been able to figure out how to do lol. But thank you to everyone who commented back about Ana Bear, it turns out the reason her nose has been bleeding is because she was getting sores in her nose and they were peeling or scabbing up and causing her nose to bleed. Thank you all for your comments.
    Be Strong and Patient, things will get better. It may be stormy now, but remember it can't rain forever.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my hat is off to you. As adults, we sometimes have difficulty communicating with drs. what is going on with our own bodies....and you have to do this for your ana bear. I am glad that you were able to determine the cause of the nose bleeds. Did your dr. give you something to help her. I take folic acid, and it is suppose to help with nose sores, but i don't have a clue if it is safe for a toddler.

I guess, all we can do, is tell you what works for us, then you can ask your baby's rheumy about them....Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything that we can do for you.

I do want to warn you about limiting her exposure to sun, and fluorescent lighting - this includes the new light bulbs that are energy saving. If you have these in her nursery, you might want to consider swapping for regular light bulbs. For many of us, just a few minutes of exposure to this lighting will cause a flare.

thanks for keeping us posted.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thank you so much, I am soooooo appreciative for how helpful you are when I do post this site is a blessing and is so helpful. She goes back for a follow up next thursday as long as the snow slows down. We've been snowed in for the most part since the weekend. But I figured out what was causing the bleeding when I got the replies from you all about the nose sores so I held her last night and looked up her nose with a flash light lol. (the things we do for our kids). And unfortunately I figured out the issue with the sun the hard way. She's bi-racial so she extremely light in color and I have been thinking all this time that the redness and rash after coming in from outside was just severe sunburn. So I'm learning slowly but surely and again you all are so helpful in helping with alot of my questions and knowing what questions to ask her doc.
    Be Strong and Patient, things will get better. It may be stormy now, but remember it can't rain forever.

Thanks

LOL,
    I know what you mean about what we do for our kids! Once, my son developed such a horrid bad breath that I could hardly stand to nurse him. He also seemed to have a sore, stuffy nose, so I took him to the doc. Imagine how I felt when the doc pulled a rotted piece of food (bean?) from his nose!
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to hear it was the sores...sorry she has them, but glad it's nothing too serious causing the nose bleeds.

I'll keep your little Ana Bear in my prayers. Give her a hug from us.