Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vent

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

So, I wonder,

How many people who were not suffering from depression went on to develop depression from all the ignorant health care "professionals" telling them that they are just suffering from depression? Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy.

Rob

Thanks

As usual Rob, well said...just an FYI (and Ill post a new thread so everyone can see) - I was on Amazon looking to buy some books and I came across A FEW good books about being maintaining balance with a chronic illness, etc - and there were several that talked about/were about the dianostic process and how to try and stay sane as you navigate your way through. I will post the names on a new thread - maybe many of you here have them/have heard of them - but I wanted to let ppl know where they can find them if theyre interested.
    Hope your having a better day today - Rob, I hope youre feeling on the up and up too!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

OK - I just tried to read my own post....my brain is worse than usual as I had to stay up ALL NIGHT last night for my EEG today. I know we have some insomniacs here - but I sleep ok now, and - Oh my gosh, how much lack of sleep affects my pain and cognitive function! Sorry if the post sounds all jarbled up - Im TALKING the same way. As if I have a mouth full of marbles....Im so excited for it to be close to bed time!! My youngest, Jack, goes over his Nans (my Mom and Dads) nexxt door every Friday night. Amanda is 19, so we dont see much of HER on Friday night, so....sounds like a nice romantic Valentines evening?? HAHAHA - Well get take out, Ill watch somethng upstairs in the bedroom and hell watch something totally different downstairs!! I am LONG asleep before my wonderful hubby comes up to turn in . God love 'em, he is a GOOD guy...
    Take care
    Lauri
    PS - And its his BIRTHDAY on Tuesday - hahaha - Ill buy a cake
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Lauri,
    My sweetie has gone back to school, so he's studying all evening, nearly every evening. At least he scoops me up and drags me to bed with him when he finishes his studying for the evening.
    This is Friday, so he'll pull his nose out of the books long enough to enjoy some sci-fi shows before bed.
    Marla

Thanks

I think we are both describing what its like to be married a long time!!! Ha ha! It doesnt always have to be about roses and romance - but genuine love and concern for the other. After not sleeping all night Thursday so I could have the EEG Friday morning, I was - obviously - exhausted yesterday. Rich came home from work - got me clean PJs ready, made me my favorite meal - grilled ham and cheese with pickles - and put me to bed.. I thank God every day for him. I am truly blessed. Sounds like you are too!
    Hoping you are feeling well
    Lauri

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    So, I wonder,

How many people who were not suffering from depression went on to develop depression from all the ignorant health care "professionals" telling them that they are just suffering from depression? Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy.

Rob
    Let's start a poll, Rob. can we do that here with the new format?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurid8967 View Post
    I think we are both describing what its like to be married a long time!!!
    You're right, Lauri,
    For us, it's been over 33 years, 5 children and 3 grandsons. The thing is, we're still crazy about each other and we tend to embarrass our kids with the way we act together. When it comes down to it, though, they all are trying to find the same kind of relationship that we have.
    I hope that you are feeling better today and that you and Rich have a lovely Valentine's Day together. We celebrated ours today with dinner and a movie. Jeff will spend the rest of the weekend studying and I'll cook.
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Let's start a poll, Rob. can we do that here with the new format?
    Yes, you can do that. Look in the grey bar near the top of the page, and you'll see "thread tools". Click on that and you'll see "add a poll to this thread". Click that, and follow the instructions. Rather than adding a poll to this thread, it would be better to start a new thread for the poll. If you have any trouble making it work, let me know.

Rob