Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting for the snow....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I snuck off to Florida to see my mom this week and missed the snow by hours!!!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We got over 20 inches of snow and between my husband and i we are so sore from shoveling snow it is not funny. We also have his 94 year old Dad to check on and he has a big driveway to shovle but his great gerandson does that but he could not get there because the plow did not come through all the country roads for days. He called the other night during the blizzard and said he was cold his furnace was not working so my husband had to go get him ( thank God we have four wheel drive) but he had to shovle a path big enough for him to walk down the driveway and we brought him home with us. My husband has copd and this is rough for him too. I do not like snow or winter anymore. Bonita

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

What's really strange, is that usually we have a ton of snow this time of year, but not only has it not snowed in a couple of weeks, it's also really warm (50's) and most of the snow we had melted. I can see most of my lawn and was outside in a tee-shirt yesterday. So far for us it's been a very mild winter. Good thing, as last winter saw the most snowfall in recorded history for Maine. Up north where it's really cold, they still had snowbanks melting on the first of June last year. I am kind of disappointed though. I feel like the chrome wheels and custom racing stripes I had put on my fancy new snowblower were all for nothing as I've only taken it out once this year.

Rob