Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I dont know how much more I can take

Thanks

Hi ErinNicole,

I am 42, married with two children 13 and 11 years old. I think it would be great to have a support group or meet.

I don't see anyone here because of all that I have heard - none really good. Do you like Kim? I would not suggest the other rheumy.

I have driven to Los Angeles for the last 4 years to see a rhuemy. Due to cutting back his practice and working on Bliss trials, I am going to need to look for another rhuemy down the road. I hate driving and it's incredibly painful with Lupus, Sjogrens and Fibromyalgia; I think eventually I will see a doctor over in Santa Barbara.

When I am in flares, I get Kenalog shots since they do not make you hyper, lose sleep and they bypass your organs. Prednisone effects your organs with long term use so I was told to get the shots every three months along with Gammaglobulin shots to boost my immune system due to being on Plaquenil. Plaquenil lowers your immune system and therefore makes you more suseptable to colds, the flu, etc. The Gammaglobulin does help. When I was first dx'd they had me on Medrol dose packs and I packed on the weight, high sugar levels, etc. Prednisone effects sugar levels so if you have diabetes in your family; be careful and monitor it along with your kidney function. Prednisone also gives you the lows you were describing. I would ask about the Kenalog and cortisone shots (45) instead of the pill form of prednisone.

Some Lupus patients are not only sensitive to the sun but also to flourescent lights. I don't know if you are using these in your home or not. I tossed them all out and switched back to regular bulbs due to flares and discoid lupus. If I know I am going to a store, I put on 50UV sunscreen to protect myself from the flourescent lights they use as I feel it after just a couple of minutes. I am all for going green as long as it does not effect my health and make me feel miserable and ill. lol.

It's been nice talking with you and I hope we get to talk some more. I added you as a friend for personal messaging if you ever want to meet and talk over a soda or tea. I hope you get to feeling much better and hope to chat with you soon.

God Bless,

Faith

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Faith For This Useful Post:

ErinNicole (02-12-2010)

Thanks

Marla
    I just wanted to say it sounds like you have a wonderful family - married 33 years! So nice to hear...and tell your husband "thank you dearly" for his service...I am very grateful for our servicemen and women....
    Best to you and your family.
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laurid8967 For This Useful Post:

ErinNicole (02-12-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi ErinNicole,
    Welcome to WHL! I don't think you are a whiner. It sounds like you are in a lot of pain and your talking about it isn't whining. I hope those new drugs the rheumy put you on help you feel better really soon.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.