Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I learned something new yesterday..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Sandy,
    My thyroid issues have been sorted for quite awhile; I've actually been having my dosages lowered lately. I go back in June. I do the six month checks.

Are you seeing an endo? PCP say that you in the normal range. that means nothing; I was still tried and gaining weight. I went to an endo and he tripled my dosage and I felt great and started to lose weight.

See an Endo and see what He/She says.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    hi Sandy,
    My thyroid issues have been sorted for quite awhile; I've actually been having my dosages lowered lately. I go back in June. I do the six month checks.

Are you seeing an endo? PCP say that you in the normal range. that means nothing; I was still tried and gaining weight. I went to an endo and he tripled my dosage and I felt great and started to lose weight.

See an Endo and see what He/She says.

Nonna
    Yes, I am seeing an Endo on Wednesday. I am trying to learn as much as possible before then so I understand what he is saying and can ask intelligent questions. I am hoping that whatever path we chose to go down to help me with this will also make me feel great and lose weight. I will let you know what he said when I see him.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I had some parkinsonism and yes you better believe its related. my neck froze and my right hand would tremor. it happened when I took vitamin D in the beginning. I have secondary hyperparathryoidism and that is a kidney disfuntion. turns out the immune system is amino acid or protein and I want to stess the word acid. to nutralize this acid we need calcium and d to absorb dietary calcium or it will leach it out of the bones or anywhere else. when the kidney disfunctions as bad as ours do it causes this occilation of the pH in our bodys. it started hypercorrecting its self so your blood pressure calcium vs magnesium and your neuromuscular function goes wako from weakness to frozen, calcium vs phosphate. constipated vs diarea, high blood to low blood sugar, mania to depression, alkaline vs acid. HOMEOSTASIS. also our bodies being like fish tanks needing the proper pH have problems regulating the bacteria. some of you might notice yellow toe nails, cracked feet or ulcers in your mouth. that is you bodies inability to get ahold of bactera that normally would not phase you. homeostasis. you might not even have the ds dna yet, I didnt. doesnt mean those kidnys dont need some tlc.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I need to research the relationship of the hyper/hypothyroidism to kidney disfunction

this is news to me. I see my rheumy on friday so I'll ask I see the endo in June.

Nonna

Thanks

thats hyperparathyroidism its different from the thyroid its little glands inside the thyroid that control calcium. calcium metabolism is our nervous system because ca controls muscle contraction, blood pressure, nerve conduction, and the neutralization of our immune system. that is why vitamin D deficiency is so profoundly important to those with lupus. there is hyperparathyroidism caused by a benign tumor in one of the parathyroid glands and there is secondary hyperparathyroidism which is the kidneys trying to control homeostatis of which calcium is majorly important to.
    your serum calcium and PTH may be normal I think its an alkaline phosphatase or something like that which measures secondary hyperparathyroidism.
    Last edited by ricketyrose; 05-04-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: amaendment

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have no parathyroids. they were removed with my thyroid; that's why I have hypocalcemia. I can not retain calicum in my blood; I'm well on my way to osteo. I can not take the osteo meds. I did not realized that the kidneys get involved with this. The med called Rocalcitrol (generic calcitrol) is a special Vitamin D supplement that helps with the absorption of calcium.

This is crazy how things are so inter-related.

I need to think on this.

Thanks,
    Nonna