Thread: Somebody Help......

Thanks

Default Somebody Help......

Hey everybody.....It's me again. I have a question....Does anybody experience nose bleeds with their lupus? Ana Bear has recently been experiencing this and she had 1 before she was diagnosed which was her first ever since she's been born but the past few days she's gotten more. Please help!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ive have not,but maybe other members here have.To be honest id get her checked out,could be something or nothing.My best friends little girl gets bad nose bleeds also and she needed it cortirised and now hardly has them at all she is 5. Others will post here soon.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Didn't you say on another thread that she's started some new meds? Could the nosebleeds be a side-effect of those? I think that I would ask the doc, too.
    Marla

4. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Beautiful_Baby (02-10-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

many of us get nose sores, but i don't recall problems with bleeding...I agree, it is worth a call to the dr.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mountaindreamer For This Useful Post:

Beautiful_Baby (02-10-2010)

Thanks

none for me - g'luck
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I sometimes get them but I had them since I was a child so I don't think they're lupus related for me. As a side note, my son (who's 6 now) has had really bad nose bleeds since he was about 3. Sometimes they get so bad I call the doctors because I can't get them to stop and these huge blood clots come out... some so massive I've taken photos of them as I didn't think anyone would actually believe me! He thinks it's is brain coming out through his nose bless him. If that were the case I don't think he'd have much brain left in there. I think anything to do with blood and little ones (in fact anyone) is extra frightening and there's certainly no harm in having it checked. Always always better to be safe rather than sorry ~hugs~ Let us know how you get on!
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

Thanks

I have lupus and ITP (low platelets) which cause daily nosebleeds for me when my platelet levels are low (usually during a lupus flare). However, a person or child can be diagnosed with ITP (an autoimmune disorder that attacks your platelet levels so you lose the ability for your blood to clot hence the nose bleeds) by itself. I would get your little one checked out. Ask your doctor to run a CBC test on her.
    Last edited by jlindsay; 02-14-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Thanks

HA HA jlindsay - the reason you had to edit was because of a misspleed word. Now I thought I was a bit pedantic, checking and checking to see if there are any spelling mistakes before clicking the Post button. Then I am disappointed when I do see a spelling mistake. I worked out how to edit without anyone knowing, when you hit post, your message appears, then you can read it and edit at the same time. A message never appears that you had to edit your writing. Oh My Gosh - I am such a pathetic teacher - never switching off work. Ok Ok OK. My students call me pedantic - do you know that a synonym for pedantic is DULL (True).

Nose bleed topic (sorry to get distracted) I had heaps in my late teens and early 20s, and had both nostrils cauterised , OUCH that hurt in 1982. Since being diagnosed, 7 weeks ago, I have only had one nose bleed. That was in my Principal's office when I was crying when we decided that my hours should be be reduced because I was not able to teacher properly anymore. Now was that emotional bleeding, or a Lupus bleed?
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010