Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antidepressants

Thanks

I have come to the conclusion that for whatever reason, my body and brain do not react well to the SSRI anti depressants. I have tried Cymbalta since I last posted about antidepressants and I again had terrible side effects. A few weeks ago I added neurontin for pain and it has been a real blessing. It has given me so much relief and a better quality of life. I know neurontin doesn't agree with everyone either, but it has been great for me. It's interesting how these meds affect us each so differently.

Thanks

Anti-depressants are tough. They work, in some folks, and not in others. After 8 years of docs trying to find anti-depressants for me, I finally said to stop. I've tried almost all the ones mentioned above except Cymbalta. What bothered me most about them was that they killed my imagination. That's not acceptable.

I have work to do nutrition-wise as I've only recently learned, through this board, that my high-protein diet doesn't really help me much.

I am trying an anti-anxiety medication, though. Four days on it. The side effects are sleepiness and light headedness for about an hour or so, and then the day is a breeze. It's called Buspirone.
    44, dx in 2000 for SLE... I survive by my creativity.
    My daily blog and excuse to post artwork and photography: http://www.jaynedarcy.us

My writing group: http://www.3rdeyewriters.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda109
    I took Zoloft, and it made me literally want to murder ppl.
    I also took a few others, that didn't work for me.
    I've been taking Lexapro for about 4 to 6 months, and It really has worked for me. No more crying, no feeling sorry for myself, Ive been a lot more energetic. I highly recommend trying it.
    Just curious what dosage you are on. I am on 10mg, and am still really depressed. But I had problems with that before the diagnosis too. I am going to ask my doctor to up my dosage and see if that works.

Thanks

well, I started on 20mg of Lexapro today, so I'll keep you guys updated and hopefully I start feeling more chipper soon.