Thread: Prickly tingling sensations

Thanks

Unhappy Prickly tingling sensations

I started having these sensations last night but went to sleep after taking two tylenol pms.

I have been fighting anxiety for two weeks now, and I know it is due to the kidney issue I am waiting to get an answer on.

Do any of you have this strange prickly sensation when you are stressed, worried or just anxious?

My hands and feet have been really cold today also.
    Last edited by luvpinkpeeps; 02-07-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: the sensations have been on my arms, face, here and there

Thanks

Familiar! My feet are especially cold, and my toes turn downright purple sometimes. I'm going to ask my rheumy if she thinks that I might have Reynaud's syndrome. I also have neuropathy in my feet and legs. Sometimes my feet are so numb, I can hardly feel them. This makes driving a challenge.
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Familiar! My feet are especially cold, and my toes turn downright purple sometimes. I'm going to ask my rheumy if she thinks that I might have Reynaud's syndrome. I also have neuropathy in my feet and legs. Sometimes my feet are so numb, I can hardly feel them. This makes driving a challenge.
    Marla
    seems I still experiencing it even without the cold feet and hands.

from what I have read tonight online it is a common anxiety symptom, I am so worn out from this anxiety!

I went sooooo long without any panic attacks, and now I have them constantly.

I suppose it is due to me being jolted by all this kidney stuff.....

maybe the anxiety runs in a vicious cirlcle.

Thanks

I too get the tingles and I too have anxiety issues...not necessarily at the same time. I used to think I was going crazy but I know now it is definitely Lupus related. I usually get very anxious right before a flare up..it is the precurser..and I don't mean stressed out. I have anxiety out of the blue at times and it has effected my life tremendously..it mounts over time. More fears and phobias. I no longer drive long distances away from home and I haven't flown in a very long time. Panic attaks are the worst..I am sure it contributes to some symptoms because I am never truly "calm". Now that I have this disease, I am more afraid than ever to go far away from home for fear of "what if"...yes it is a crappy way to live.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face

Hello there,

Tingly picky sensations can also because by blood circulation problems. Low blood pressure and being in the wrong position to sleep. I have a big problem with my arms. if I don't hold them just so the icky picky tingles start and then progress.

i don't know if this is relevant, but maybe it helps.

Nonna

Thanks

I get the prickly sensations as well. Hands, feet, and arms. I saw a neurologist and was told it was part of having fibro along with poor circulation. I found out after many tests that I have anti-phospholipid antibody syndome which runs with Lupus. Once I began baby aspirin, it has lessened. It's still there; but I remember I couldn't stand or put weight on my feet due to it and the pain. Have the doctors run any Beta Glycoprotein IGG or IGM tests to check for APS? Not saying you have it and I am not a doctor by any means; merely a suggestion. I went through it for a year until my primary, stumped, said you are going to a hematologist. I go yearly to see if I am aspirin resistant. The other option is neuropathy. I would ask for a referral to a hematologist and neurologist.

Keep us updated.

Faith

Thanks

I get bad prickling tingling and various other weird feelings in my feet, legs, hands, arms ,scalp and around my mouth and on my tongue, all worse on my left side. It makes if difficult for me to walk as I don't always know where my left foot is! sometimes I get numbness too. I've been taking Gabapentin for nerve pain and it works quite well doesn't take it away completely but makes it much more bearable and I can walk a little better on it, I'm on a rising dose at the moment gradually taking it up to 900mg, 3 x daily. I don't think I suffer from anxiety but I do get very frustrated with it all! especially when I'm shopping and can't manage my crutches and the shopping trolley! or carrying stuff.
    I've also got Reynauds and the Rhuemy suggested Nifedipine which seems to be working reasonably well on the cold extremities but hasn't helped the sensations, I hope you find some relief soon
    Spoons and gentle hugs

Thanks

hey everyone, thank you for the replies.

I have been so sick with this anxiety, I have been to the er three times and they say my vitals are good and heart labs are good so I wish I could stop worrying about having a heart attack and relax.

I do have a viral stomach thing that I am hoping to get over soon.

I am taking phenagren? for nausea and that helps also for calming me down and I can sleep.

I went to the doc yesterday and he is putting me on prestique...I havent taken one yet because I still feel quesy and didnt know if that may be too strong for y body.

he gave me also busparine ? for the anxiety attacks. I worry about taking anything new, I just dont think I can handle another reaction.

I am so tired from this.......

Thanks

I have Reynaud's syndrome in my pack of diagnosises - for me it has always been stricly a reaction to cold but I have heard that stress can also cause it. My hands turn white in the cold (sometimes just sitting on the sofa on these winter nights) then when they finally warm up (usually in a bath or the hot tub) they turn blueish purple, they look bruised, then a surreal bright redish pink. It is a rather fleeting cycle - the blue and red only last about 5 or 10 minutes, and for me they concentrate on the finger joints with a line running down the finger. Dr has me down for Reynaud's variant - I didn't even know he dxed this but apparently he saw them in the white phase and dxed it without discussion.
    much love to all my lupie friends -