Thread: Dr. Appointment Update!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Dr. Appointment Update!

First off we were getting ready to go to Spokane to see my rheumy and mom calls. She says your dad was in an accident at work and they air lifted him to Spokane to Sacred Heart. Freak me out!!! We jumped in the car and made a land speed record for Spokane. Mom nor I had any idea what his condition was, his boss just told mom he was badly hurt and airlifted. My nerves were on thin ice, which didn't help my flare any at all. We get to the hospital and see my dad, he has borken his pelvis in 3 places and chipped 3 vertabrae in his back. We are finally told what actually happen: He works for a fertilizer company, well he was working on an anhydrous ammonia tank that wasn't properly secured of which he wasn't aware of. He was told to work on it as is. Anyway it wasn't secured and it fell pushing dad out of the way as it him. Thank god for that because if he had been underneath it he wouldn't be here anymore. Thank god for small miracles. he was supposed to go in for surgery that night but they didn't have an OR available, so he went in the morning. They put a screw in his pelvis to hold it together to heal. So then I see my rheumy. He lowered my plaquenil to 1 pill a day and put me on cellcept twice a day. He didn't think the plaquenil was working for me.They took some blood and some urine, won't hear back till at least Wed. So I am back in a hard flare verses the a medium one. This sucks! I am so worried about my dad. He is a diabetic with Cardiac problems, he has had quad bi bass surgery twice, and several stints. Plus he fell off a truck at work 3 yrs ago and broke his hip and left arm. Just worried and had to get it out!! Praying that dad will be ok!
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will put your Dad and your family on my prayer list. Be strong and hang in there. It seems that your Dad has made it through some other tough times. Love and prayers Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

((((Hugs)))) What an appointment day for you SC! So glad your dad will be okay! I'm thanking the Lord he wasn't under it! I will keep him and your family in my prayers. Keep us posted on how you and your dad are doing, okay?

Thanks

Holy cow... he sounds like he is a very stong man to handle all of this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family..hang in there, better days are ahead.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi smokerscat,

i am sending angels to watch over your dad. I hope he is not in pain, and i hope he heals very soon. Injuries and surgeries are tough, especially as we age.

About your plaquenil. When i started mtx, i started feeling a lot better so my rheumy lowered my plaquenil dosage to 200 mg (1 pill). I started feeling worse, and talked to her about it, so she raised my dosage back to 400 mg. It has made a world of difference. So, do not hesitate to talk to your dr. about going back up if you see a decline in how you feel.

take care, my prayers to you, your dad, and your family.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Wow, Smokerscat,
    I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you in a while - now I understand. As if your own appointment wasn't enough stress!
    I hope that your Dad recovers soon. It sounds like the two of you need to do a lot of relaxing and healing together. (Your Mom, too!)
    Hang in there, and monitor what the changes in your meds do for you carefully, as Mountaindreamer said. I HAD to go back to 1 pill a day of Plaquenil. Otherwise, I could never leave the bathroom! LOL
    Gentle Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh smokerscat I am sorry to hear about your dad. Thank God that he was pushed out of the way! I will be praying for a fast recovery for him and for your flare.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.