Thread: Storing MTX

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Storing MTX

I've two vials of mtx and I don't know if I should put them in the fridge or keep them at room temperature. It says nothing on the little pamphlet that came with it and pharmacist said it doesn't need to be refrigerated. But I've read that some patients keep theirs in the fridge. Doc's office isn't open till tomorrow so I don't know where to put it. I had it filled yesterday. I start treatment tomorrow evening.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If it says preservative free- many ppl keep it in the fridge. If it does not say preservative free on the vial, You don't have to store it in the fridge.
    I store mine in a safe.
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

I know!! There is nothing in any of the info that really says at what temperature to store the stuff. My hubby looked up the chemical make-up and said that it should be kept room temp or cooler. Since we lived in South Texas at the time, and it was unbearably hot, we got into the habit of storing it in the fridge. Now, even though we live in a cooler climate, we still just keep in in the door of the fridge.
    The safe is a good idea, since you have a small child. My only concern would be if it gets hot in there.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks. I'm still waiting to find out. lol. That makes sense that if it's preservative free it would need to be in the fridge. This is with preservatives.

I'm glad you solved your concern about keeping it at your home, Girl in Dallas. A safe is a great idea.

Marla, I wonder why there's no literature with it? I get all kinds of info with other meds. This is a first.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

did you find the little booklet of informatio that is in the box? Mine is still there, but i have not read all of it....it is a book. My pharmacist said not to keep in frig.....i keep in top of my bathroom linen closet.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

No little box or booklet...there are two vials in a prescription bottle.

I'm guessing it's still okay to store it on the shelf.

This mtx experience is some ride!