Thread: I hope you all don't mind....

Thanks

Default I hope you all don't mind....

Hi everyone, I really hope you all don't mind me being a member on this site. I do not have lupus however my 2 yr old daughter was recently diagnosted. So although I am not going through you alls' pain, I am going through your pain. Anyways I'm new here but my daughter's name is Mariana (Ana Bear) is what we call her. Im not really sure what else to say lol so I'll be quiet now. lol have a good day everyone

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi BB...you are most welcome here. Welcome to WHL. I don't have a 100% diagnosis yet, but the people here are so loving and hospitable. We have quite a few people posting here that do not have lupus but love someone who does. I'm so sorry your little darlin has lupus.

Mariana is a beautiful name and Ana Bear is so cute.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum and we are glad you joined us.Im sorry about your little Ana Bear,being so young and go through such an illness.We are here to support you.If you have a look at the 'stickys' you will find lots of useful information to help you.But hang in there,watch all our members come and welcome you.We are all here to help you any way possible. P.s I too do not have a 100% diagnosis of Lupus either!!

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Welcome welcome welcome -
    We are happy to have you join us, but saddened by why....Know that you can look around, get some information and ask anything you need to. The people here are incredibly informative, compassionate and without judgement. You will be happy you joined. In the meantime, prayers going out to your little Ana Bear...God bless you both
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Mariana's mom,

Welcome to our family. Whenever i read a post by a new member who is young and who is facing the reality associated with a lupus diagnosis, my heart just breaks. Then, I see your post about the precious gift nicknamed Ana Bear, and i loose all words. I have 3 grown children and 2 grandchildren. I have been through some of those wars to fight for my child's life, and I know the numbness that engulf's your body.

You are obviously a very wise lady, because finding this forum was very brave and insightful. I have realized that life with lupus requires a "community" of resources. Drs. are absolutely crucial, and keep looking until you "feel" right about one. You are in control, and if you don't feel right about something or someone, then do not hesitate to make immediate changes. In addition to the drs., you will be another crucial resource. This forum will teach you so much about treatment options, protecting ourselves from flares, life changes, etc. etc. You will be able to take this information with you to the drs. appointments, and you will be a critical partner in the decision making process. There are treatments available for lupus, but each of them is accompanied by side effects. There are medications that will help with the side effects of the medication as well as help with decreasing the different symptoms of lupus.

Well, for someone who claimed to be wordless,,,,,i suddenly found my voice. ha ha ha

Welcome, please don't hesitate to call on us to help you. We will always be here for you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Welcome to WHL, BB.
    You are very, very welcome here - don't feel shy about it at all. As others have told you, you were very wise and brave to seek out good sources of information for how you can best help your little Ana Bear. I'm the mother of five and grandmother of three, so I feel for you very much. We are always protective when it comes to our kids, and we feel so helpless when we can't make things better for them.
    Mountaindreamer was very right - use the information on this forum and other sites to arm yourself with lots of knowledge. Feel free to use any of us to answer your questions, too. You will need to be your child's best advocate, and we here at WHL would be honored to help you with it.
    Good luck to you and your little doll and keep in touch with us.
    Gentle Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As you can see, we most certainly do not mind at all. You are most welcome here on behalf of your sweet daughter and on behalf of yourself. One of the most important things that you can do for your daughter is to learn as much as you can about this disease. We are here to help you do that and to provide you with understanding, comfort and a safe place to be while helping her with this illness. So, welcome to our family and we are very happy that you are here.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!