Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about Dad

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Wow,

I didn't know that we have so many female motorheads here. Of course Marla, sci-fi and musclecars, for whatever reason, seem to be a common interest! You guys have owned some real classics. The first car Dad and I restored together was a 1957 Chevy BelAir 2 door hardtop we rescued from a farmers field here in Maine. It was a basket case that turned out beautifully. Not a real "original" restoration, it was a candy apple burgundy hot-rod that actually had an article made up about it in Hot Rod magazine back around 1985. Back then there was also a 68 Chevelle SS 396, and my first car, a 1969 Pontiac Trans-Am.

Lately, there was a fairly rare 1968 Dodge Polara, and our latest project, my 1972 Chevy Nova SS. Both were restored back to original showroom condition. But, Dad surprised us all with his latest project. He has dreamed of owning a Rolls Royce since he was a kid, and he surprised everyone when he bought a pristine 1972 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow back in November. Well, he managed to find some minor details that need attention on the Rolls, stuff that most people would not notice. So, we are learning the finer points of British luxury cars together. It's a big change from working on American musclecars, but it's fun, and it's one heck of a nice car to drive around town in.

Anyway, he's keeping busy on his computer, and not driving my mom totally nuts yet. Just one of those things that happens with a weekend in the way of finding out what's going on. The bleeding has not come back, but the discomfort is still there, so it could be better, and it could be worse. Just have to hurry up and wait. I'll let everyone know what we find out, when we know the various test results. Till then, my fingers are crossed.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 02-08-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob, I'm keeping you and your Dad in my prayers.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hey Rob, how did it go with you dad's CT Scan? How are you today?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi Sandy,

Dad had the Cat scan and a bunch of blood drawn, but there's no results yet. He has a couple more tests today. The bleeding has not come back, but the soreness is still there. As expected, he's going a little stir crazy. As for me, I've had some rough nights lately. Been having my usual insomnia, and night sweats, chills, and bad dreams when I do manage to finally nod off. Don't know what that's all about. I have another IV methylpred treatment coming up, not looking forward to that, but, it keeps the MS symptoms in check, so it's one of those things I just have to do.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Rob,
    My prayer are with you and your Dad. Y'all can ride in my 65 mustang convertible nay time you want.

may the Lord Bless you and watch over you both,
    Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thinking of you both Rob.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hope and pray that everything is okay with your Dad. When i started dating my husband he had a 51 Ford convertable with and electric fuel pump that would shut off and he had to kick the floor boards to restart it. I sure wish we had that car now. Bonita of course that was in the early 60's

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi rob,

do you know when you all will get the test results? I know the waiting is driving you crazy.

I am so sorry that you continue to deal with insomnia, nightmares, and everything else that is happening to you....i hope you and your dad can get back to your beautiful royals very soon.

Marla, i love your stories of your children. My daughter once ran into the back of a mercedes benz, and said "they can't expect you to pay attention all of the time." I was like....YES, they can.

Nonna....we keep finding common grounds....I once ran my little stang down the drag strip every week...drove the boys for me to beat them.

Rob,,,please take care. I am sending you tongs of gentle hugs.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi everyone,

We finally got some test results after a big logistical screw-up between the Dr. and the hospital that did the CAT Scan, and there is no conclusive answer as to what the problem is. Dad went in to get the results, but his Dr. had not recieved the test results even though they said that they did. Clueless. Dad is feeling OK, but not 100%. So, he's off for more tests again today. He's a bit frustrated. That's all for now.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Morning Rob,
    my pcp office was the same last week. One day they had two reports, then next day they had 2 different ones; finally they had all 3. I kept reminding myself that patience is a virtue and will only lead to frustration if not practiced.
    Remember that answer do come in time.
    Prayers and cyber hugs continue for you both,
    nonna

remember to live Life to the best of your ability andfocus onthe good!