Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about Dad

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Rob...((((Hugs))))

I'll be praying for your dad and your family. Keep us posted and take very good care of yourself too while you help out your father. That's so sweet that you both shop for one another.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear of your Dad's illness, I understand how it feels to want to help an ailing parent.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry to hear about your dad.
    i'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi everyone,

Dad had some tests done yesterday, but he won't get results until the first of the week. He has a CAT Scan on Monday as well. The good news right now is that whatever was bleeding stopped almost as quickly as it started. He's having pain in his right kidney area, and complaining that something "just doesn't feel right". He's really good about seeing the Dr. whenever something happens out of the ordinary. Right now he's going a bit stir crazy as he is a very active person, and is under Dr's orders to stay home and be inactive until we get this figured out. His passion is restoring antique cars, and he has two big projects he's working on right now, and it's driving him nuts not being able to do his favorite hobby.

So, there is definitely something gong on, but he's not doing badly today. His various appointments and tests are all scheduled and he'll be ready to go get it all done this coming week. Nothing else is going to transpire until then, so he's OK with taking ot easy and not worrying too much for now. And, having been a Marine, a college football player, and having a 28 year career in law enforcement, he's tough as nails, and doesn't get upset or stressed about much of anything. Anyway, that's what I know for now. Thank you, all of you for your kind words, support, and prayers.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Rob,
    Waiting for test results is the worst..we call it scanxiety around here...Take care and try to be patient, I pray that it will be something minor...((hugs))
    Grace and Peace,
    Laura
    I have loved you with an everlasting Love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thinking of you both Rob.Fingers crossed.

love
    Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow, I'd love to have even a little bit of your Dad's toughness and ability to not worry. He's very brave. It's easy to tell you love him very much and think highly of him.

What kind of cars is he restoring now? We have a close friend of the family that has that same passion. He restored an old 40 Ford two door sedan, a 56 Crown Vic, and is working on a 40 Chevrolet four door with suicide doors. That's to name a few. He's putting modern stuff in the Chevrolet. He's got a 39 Ford truck he hasn't gotten around to and a 63 Thunderbird. He always has plenty to keep him busy.

I will keep him and your family in my prayers. ((((Hugs))))

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi rob,

you and your dad make a good team...you both do an excellent job of taking care of each other. I am thinking of you and your dad, and i will keep my fingers crossed that the test results indicate something that can be easily treated. You are right, something is astray, but the medical advancements are amazing.

Don't let him get too excited during the game tonight.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hope the tests results are ok Rob. Thinking of you and your dad.

Thanks

Hey Rob,
    Yet another reason that I would love to meet you - I'm a fan of old cars, too. We bought a '63 Impala for our kids to drive to school - nicknamed "The Tank". Heather drove it well, and loved it. Hillary was a bit rough on it - she had two speeds - fast and stop. Tom killed it. Jeff had moved a hose to bypass an overheating problem until he had time to work on it. He went out of town on a TDY and warned Tom - local driving only. Tom called me in the middle of the night because the car had overheated and he had managed to coast it off the highway to park under the overpass. I took my son-in-law and went to rescue him. He and his buddy had picked up two girls. I got them all into the car to take them home. The SOL, Chris, thought that he was going to have to restrain me from killing my son when I found out that the girls lived on the other side of the city - 30 miles away!! The car was a total loss - he cracked the block. Two days later, the boy had a breakdown in my station wagon - luckily it just needed a new battery. A couple of days after that, he drove his Dad's Camero to school, went out to lunch with a buddy, and was T-boned. The boys were fine, but we had another total loss with the car. When Jeff got home, he said that it was a good thing that the Marines already had a claim on him, or he would be dead! Since then, Tom has managed to total his new Nissan 350Z and he's now driving my beloved Aurora (one of the last Oldsmobiles ever built), so I begin every conversation with him - "How's my baby? Have you wrecked her yet?"
    After the Impala was gone, we bought a '94 Camero Z28 for the two youngest girls to drive. They were the envy of their friends - it was a gorgeous teal with T-tops. I even drove it for a while when Kayla moved home from college and needed a safer car to put the baby seat into, so I let her use my Aurora for a while. I had a blast coming out of the high school, taking the T-tops off, and roaring out of the teacher's parking lot with the Oldies station blaring. It definitely added to my "rep" with the teens.
    My first car was a 1970 Torino with a 350 engine in it. I once had a drag race with the local policeman, and beat the police car. He was a good friend, and he wanted to see which car was better - I showed him! My cousin once restored a Model-T and I was thrilled to get to drive it in a parade once.
    So, I've never been much of a girly-girl type. I'm more into sci-fi and cars than most women.
    I hope that your Dad is feeling better and gets back to those cool cars soon!
    Hugs to both of you,
    Marla