Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about Dad

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Default Worried about Dad

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm worried about my Dad. He has been not feeling well, and been having blood in his urine badly. He has a CAT Scan happening this morning, and I'm going to go do some of his grocery shopping for him. He has done that for me so many times, it's my turn to help him. He is having intermittent pain in the general kidney/bladder area, and has been told to stay off of his feet, and do nothing strenuous. It's his realistic no BS appraisal of things that really has me worried. He is 73, and a former smoker, and seems to think bladder cancer is a possibility. My sis, the nurse says that's a possibility, but not to jump to conclusions. Dad tends to be right about things more often than not, so I hope he's wrong. Please, keep him in your thoughts, and if you want, in your prayers. His name is easy to remember-Bob. He's Bob, I'm Rob so people don't get us mixed up. Anyway, I'm off to the store and to his house. Thanks for listening everyone.

Rob

Thanks

Oh Rob, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Blood in the urine is never good. I'm glad that he's seeking medical care and not doing the ostrich thing-if I do nothing, it'll go away.

Please know my thoughts are with your family. Keep us posted on how Bob's doing and take it slow at the store and running errands-especially since you're just getting over a flare yourself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob,

So sorry to hear about you father. My Dad is real sick too. I can empathize with you. I do shopping for him sometimes when he feels really bad.

Thanks

Rob -
    Prayers being lifted for your Dad....could be just an infection, you know? Praying that its a simple issue and Dad is on the mend soon. And you...well...you are always in my prayers...Keep us posted if you feel up to it ok?
    Stay steady
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Rob,

Bob is in my thoughts i am sorry he is going through this,you must be so worried i know. I hope its better news than you are expecting.You just know we are all here for you Rob.

love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Oh Rob...hang in and stop stressing over something you can't control...easier said than done..and if I could only practice what I preach. Hopefully it is just something simple like stones or prostate. One of the dentists in my office is married to a urological surgeon and bladder cancer is very treatable compared to a few others. Hang in there, and stay positive... he is lucky to have a son like you to care about him so much.Thoughts and prayers....
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob i am so sorry to hear about your Dad's health. You will certinally be in my prayers as everyone on the web site is. I have a regular prayers list which i go through each morning when i have my daily devoations. Hang in there till there is something to worry about. Love and prayers Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rob,
    I am sorry to hear about your dad. I will say prayers for him to feel well soon and for you not to have a bad flare from this stress and for you family to have the strength to handle whatever it is this situation is bringing to your future.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi Rob,
    Sorry to hear about your worries about your dad. Hopefully, it will turn out to be something mild and treatable.
    Meanwhile, take good care of yourself and Bob and keep us updated.
    Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Rob,

Just want to let you know, that I am thinking about you and your dad.
    Hopefully it turns out to be nothing serious.
    As for the prayers, it won't hurt to pray for Bob AND Rob.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).