Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New at this

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi potts,

thank you for coming back and providing more information about your plight....what a roller coaster ride you are presently experiencing...i am so sorry that you can't seem to find proper medical attention. I strongly agree with others...even if it means taveling, i think you should find a rheumatologist. There are some of the lupus medications that actually help with some of your other symptoms....example - swelling - my rheumy put me on methotrexate, and the swelling in my hands and ankles went away. There is another medication that also helps with the skin issues associated with lupus or another auto immune disease.

Please keep talking to people here, so many of us experience different symptoms, and have found various treatment options....

I know the heart stuff frightens you, breathing issues go along with lupus as well.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow that is quite a time you have had of it lately. I can sympathize that it is a long frustrating journey that often seems to fall on the deaf ears of doctors that just can't find anything wrond with us. I agree with the others. If you can get to a rheumy, go. I think we (people who are very intune with our bodies) can tell much better than others when something isn't right. I think you are probably right and not crazy that something is going on with your lungs. If you can get to a pulmonologist they could help you too. Like someone else said, you have to be willing to search for the answer and ask questions until you are given one that fits.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry that I haven't been on for three days... OH boy I've been so run down I could barely move and take care of myself and my boys. Oh well no point in whining about feeling like hammered owl feces. I figure I'm going to greet the day like it's my first. I'm going to upbeat and happy no matter how bad things seem to be. That's what all of you have taught me so far. I'm going back to the doctor soon. I'm flaring up again. (my face is starting to blister again bladder infections and now I really don't feel like eating much.) I'm going to ask him to refer me to a rheumy and a pulmonologist. Sandy thank you for listening ... well reading... what I have to say. It's nice to know that there people like you and so many others out there that are helping people like me. And yes I'm going to kick and scream... yell and throw fits... until someone is willing to listen and help (doctor wise).