Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Today..

Thanks

Default Doctor Today..

She didnt really say much about me not taking my meds. She actually said that I could lower the Plaquenil. They want me to get an MRI of my head. I seriously came in with a list taking up a whole page of my complaints. It went better than most of my appointments I guess. Just a little stressed. Making my head hurt worse.

Im glad she paid more attention to my complaints for once. She's starting me on a new med for my Raynauds too. I cant think of what its called... something that starts with a T. I hope it helps. She wrote down everything I said and she said she'll look at it and we might need to start different meds if the ones Im on still arent doing anything really. Soo. Maybe we're getting somewhere?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so proud of you for taking the time to prepare a list and for cliearly expressing your feelings/concerns. Make sure you keep that note in a place with all your other medical records so you can revisit it before your next visit and see if you have the same concerns, new concerns or additional questions.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I have it in a notebook I have with me all the time. Im kinda worried about the MRI, or more like nervous. Im not that afraid of small spaces but I think it'll be freaky. Im doing it next Friday.

Thanks

Hy Ritzbit,
    I'm glad that you are standing up for yourself with the doc. She needs to know that you really are in pain and that she needs to try to do something about it.
    I've been through a few MRIs. They aren't so bad, just noisy. My comment to the technician was that it sounded like some really bad techno music that some of my stranger students liked to listen to. They provide earplugs, but if you are sensitive you might want to take some heavy-duty ones with you. I actually like small, tight places, and I would have happily taken a nap while in there if not for the techno-music!
    Good luck with it,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

if you can bring your iPod, that might help you relax. Or, if you can, go to a standup MRI place.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Ritzbit,

An MRI can be freaky, if you are claustrophic like I am. I had to have an open type of MRI.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ritzbit

I've had several, to me it's the length. some of mine have been a total of 45 minutes. they run the machine in spurts. they tell you, be patient this is going to be a long one or this will be a quick one. I actually find the banging comforting sometimes. I don't like small spaces so I close my eyes before I go in and open them when I come out. They run a fan so you have fresh air the whole time. It is definitely survivable. Open MRI's are becoming more common; but may be still hard to find. Everyone has made excellent suggestions.

good Luck,

Nonna

Live Life to the best of your ability

Thanks

even though it's a small space it isn't dark - that helped me overcome what I would normally feel in terms of closterfobia
    good luck
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad to hear this visit was better Ritz! YEAH!!!

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you on MRI day. Keep on updating us, okay?

Nonna, I do that before going into the MRI too. I shut my eyes so I don't see myself going in and it helps a lot. Some places are better than others to get them too. One place was kinda cold and business only...another I went to gave me headphones and I got to listen to some nice jazz music.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ritz....

what a wonderful report on your drs. visit. You presented yourself with control, you had your notes, she took you seriously, and you had a successful problem-solving meeting. That is the best that you can have, congratulations to you...you are the one that made the difference.

don't woory about the MRI...wear comfortable clothing, do something nice for yourself to help you relax, and go in and "get-r-done"....you can do it.
    Phyllis

share a smile today