Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: daughters diagnosis...

Thanks

Default daughters diagnosis...

Update...my rheumy called my daughter to go over her blood test results...he confirmed his suspicions...it is Lupus. He thought possible Sjogrens but he is leaning toward "the Lup".Especially because of me I guess...UGGGHHH....at least we understand each others "stuff" that no one else can..(except all of you of course)! I am still going to keep a very close eye on my 11 yr old and will not let her get the Gardicil vaccine or Swine vaccine. I think I need to tread cautiously with her to be safe. I try to tell her the do's and don't's..but what do I know???? She wants the life of a 23 yr old and is having a tough time not always being like"everyone else".
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi andrea,

oh, i am so sorry that this is happening to your daughter and to you. I know you are very worried and sad. Your daughter has one advantage that you did not have, and that is you...she already has a very knowledgeable and compassionate team member, and she will benefit from all that you bring with you. Again, i am so sorry....

All of these very young adults having to face a lupus diagnosis....oh, i hope these new meds really work and that they are available very soon.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Pandagirl, so sorry to hear that the Dr. thinks your daughter has lupus. I think my daughter has lupus too. She refuses to go to a Dr. and get diagnosed. I can't say I blame her. She wants to live the life of a newly married 28 year old.

Thanks

Andrea,
    I'm sorry to hear your news, but as Phyllis said, she's lucky to have you to guide her through this.
    I'm truly convinced that AI issues run in families. I've certainly seen some symptoms in my own girls.
    I also hope that those new meds prove very successful and that our daughters will have it much easier than what we have had to deal with.
    Hugs to both of you,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks to all of you..your kind words are comforting. It amazes me how many of you think someone else has it too. As much as that pains me to hear it..,it also makes me feel better in a way that we are not alone. I also had to push her to follow thru because i think as much as she wanted to know..she really didn't want to know..and I know as well as all of you, sticking your head in the sand will help nothing!
    Andrea

Thanks

i know it is very hard for someone at that age to accept it like myself, and the worst part was that i was the only one who had it. no one else in my family had it. but as long as lupus is under control i was able to do whatever i want

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your daughter Panda. At least she has you to consult and you more than anyone else can understand her pains and frustrations. Here's hoping for a long remission period for the both of you!!!
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So sorry you have it in common, Andrea...but like everyone else said, she's got a Mom that understands and can be a big help to her. (((((Hugs))))) Do you think maybe she also has SS? I talked with my rheumy about Sjogren's and she said it's a given when it comes to lupus. She said so many people with lupus also have Sjogren's.

Ugh, it sucks enough to have one AI disease...why do we have to get its "cousins" too?!

Thanks

Abba..the doc originally thought SS at first but he is pretty sure Lupus...could be a combo though. It is tough for her, but like you said, at least we can commiserate...lol. Her eyes get really blood shot and they are light blue, so it is sooo obvious. Yes.... I have a blue eyed, blonde, left hander..lol .So not mine..haha..she looks like my husband. Unfortunately,she got all my "stuff"!
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My daughter inherited a lot from her dad's side too...she doesn't favor me much at all... I'm hoping she also didn't inherit this AI stuff.

I hope your daughter is feeling better.