Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im so excited

Thanks

Talking Im so excited

So Im going to be heading a fundraiser at school to collect goods to help those in Haiti =) Im so excited to be doing this! Im hoping to collect a lot of things. I've been planning it for about a week or so and got the okay from my principal today so me and my friends are going to be busy getting what we need like boxes for the next few days lol wish me luck!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

rob (01-26-2010)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

That is really cool Ritzbit. I can think of no other cause right now that is more important than helping the people of Haiti. We have had a couple of fundraising drives here in my community, and they have raised a pretty decent amount of money for such a small town. The money raised here is going to the program that President Obama started that former Presidents Clinton and Bush are running. They make sure the money goes to the right people who can help the most.

Taking charge, and making the effort to help is a great thing, and you deserve a pat on the back for your efforts!

Rob

PS-I read today that the actor John Travolta, who is a licensed pilot, loaded up his own Boeing 707 airliner with literally tons of medical supplies and food, and flew the stuff himself to Port Au Prince. Very cool.
    Last edited by rob; 01-26-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

Nowhere near me is really collecting the kinds of things Im wanting to collect like food and clothes ect but I found a place in Ohio called Matthew: 25 Ministries that will arrange a pick up of all the stuff I collect =) I've been wanting to raise money for soo many different things for the past few years but I was just a lowly underclassman who had no idea how to set things up lol so now that Im actually able to set things up and take charge of things Im finally going to do something =) this October I plan on setting something up at school for a Lupus fundraiser as well.

And that is very cool. I always think really bad of people who have alot of money and seem to do very little with it so Im glad to see alot of celebrities doing something to help out right now when so many people can use that help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit For This Useful Post:

wolfwhisper (01-26-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't heard anything in my area about hearing efforts to help Haiti except infomercials that I don't trust. Maybe I'll go to my school tomorrow and ask around if anyone has started a group for helping Haiti. Kudos to you for starting a fundraiser for them. They really need it, and I'm happy to hear that a famous name is helping in the efforts. I know you'll get your fundraisers off the ground and soaring. Good luck, and I'm cheering you on 100%!! If you need anything, you know where to find me. lol.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Im glad to know that others care. people at my school who areplanning on helping me dont think kids are going to help becuz theres not going to be some kind of class reward for it and if thats the case then the people at my school are selfish. I'll let you guys know how its going =)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow, ritzbit.

that is so awesome. Best of luck to you, I know that your efforts will make a difference for all of those poor people trying to recover that disaster.

People like you are special souls on earth.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thank you =) I wish I was getting more help from people. The people who were supposed to be helping me by bringing in posters and stuff keep coming up with lame excuses and "forgetting" to bring them so Im a little frustrated this morning. But it'll get done with or without their help. It just might take longer to get it all together now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You go girl!

Thanks

Ha thanks =)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    Thank you =) I wish I was getting more help from people. The people who were supposed to be helping me by bringing in posters and stuff keep coming up with lame excuses and "forgetting" to bring them so Im a little frustrated this morning. But it'll get done with or without their help. It just might take longer to get it all together now.
    The important thing is that you don't forget, and that you do not lose sight of what you are doing. Other people are going to wimp out on you, but don't let that stop you or hold you back. You are doing a good thing, and it can be hard to pursue such things when your peers are not on the same page. Don't let your efforts for a good cause be affected by those who don't care. Do what you know is right.

If others don't want to help, well, that's not your problem.

Rob