Thread: Hello- New Lupie On the Block

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hello- New Lupie On the Block

Hello everyone. I've been reading this for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm learning about lupus as I go. I've been diagnosed with sle but it's also hit my cns so I have lots of seizures and visual disturbances and other fun things.

I knew I had lupus a few years ago because I have every symptom in the book (luckily not all at once) but never had medical insurance all through my university studies... and when I finally had medical insurance I drug myself to the rheumy and low and behold - a diagnosis was made. She is a good woman too - and I trust her.

Anyway- I'm pleased to introduce myself and get to know you. Hopefully your sage advice will come in handy. I know far less about lupus than most of you - but far more about crappy medical care and being uninsured but sick for the last 15 years than I care to.

Thanks

Hi there -
    Welcom to WHL! You have made a great decision by coming here - this site is full of reliable information and the most compasionate people you can find. Whether you have questions regarding "weird" symptoms, or just need a shoulder/ear, thi sis the place!
    Again - welcome!
    Lauri
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Thanks

Welcome to WHL. You came to the right place for understanding and advice.
    I'm glad that you now have insurance. You young folks are some of the good reasons that we need decent health care reform in this country.
    Isn't it something how well you diagnosed yourself? Docs don't want to accept this, but we know our own bodies pretty well!
    I'm glad that you found a good rheumy. Work closely with her and you should be able to bring your symptoms under control.
    Keep in touch with us.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi there fellow atlantian,

welcome to our family...such a close group, that spans the globe. I also have a female rheumy here in atlanta, and i adore her. I just sent Leslie to mine, and she will continue to see her too... it would be too much of a coincidence if we are talking about the same amazingly compassionate woman. Anyway, welcome to the group.

I know you have witnessed many examples of the members here, and i am so glad that you decided to join.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Welcome to WHL!

I cannot identify with the CNS and seizure issues, but know that others on the forum can share their experiences with you.

I've been lucky, there was only a period of 2 years in my adult life that I've not had medical insurance. But, with all the hoops that the insurance companies make you go through sometimes ya gotta wonder.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome,
    I'm also in the Atlanta area. We are becoming numerous. Phyllis and everyone is right. Compassion, people who listen. I can't begin to describe the comfort and goodness I've found here.

Welcome

Nonna
    Living Life to the best of my ability.