Thread: Pulmonary Hypertension & Sleep Apnea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exclamation Pulmonary Hypertension & Sleep Apnea

I go to the pulmonologist early in the morning. Hope I can get up still I can't sleep. I think everything I'm dealing with right now is making me flare. My Moms not doing well. My husbands on a layoff. The referral people at the PCP set up my appointment. I got fussed at because I haven't been keeping my appointments there. But I haven't been going to a lot of my Doctors. I'm swelling a lot. So they think it's my Pulmonary Hypertension and Sleep apnea. I lost a good bit of weight about 2 years ago. But haven't been eating right lately. And gained some back.I been trying to start back on my plan. But it's so hard. I'm having a flare and rashes also. A lot of people with lupus have PH and Sleep Apnea.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how frustrating it can be trying to make doctor's appointments when you are in pain and suffering. But, please, please do not underestimate pulmonary hypertension. It can be dangerous if not treated and if you are not taking precautions. I know you are in the midst of a bad flare and it is hard to see past that, but I hope that you do start keeping your appointments and that you can get this under some type of control.
    I am sending you my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you get some relief soon.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks saysusie. I'm working on getting my eating under control right now plan to start as soon. As soon as I get rid of the last of all this Christmas Candy. Making a food plan for Monday. Get back to my Exercise. To cold for water aerobics now. But there's somethings I might try in the fitness room. I'm going to see the nurse at the Aquatics Center. The nurse is free for members. The Aquatics Center is run by a small town near me. Prices are very reasonable there.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

((((Hugs))))

Thanks

im so sorry that you have this.

i dont know if a lot of people have pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea, i believe this is a false statement. from what i have heard people with lupus are usually have involvements with the kidenys.

Thanks

lung involvment is also common - though pluisy is more common in lupus than PH. I'm scheduled for pulmanry funtion testing on Friday, the dr is suspicious of ph in my case also.

My dr says "lupus is a varied and unpredictable disease"
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was diagnosed with PH several years ago. My legs started swelling, but my blood pressure was normal. I was sent for a sleep study and a echo-cardiogram. I had the sleep study first and dx with sleep apnea. Then had the echo-cardiogram and they found the PH. Now I'm suppose to have the echo-cardiogram every six months. But I don't have them that often. After that I went to a cardiologist. Had all kinds of test. All my doctors were pressuring about my weight. So I went a the alli plan and lost 80 pounds. But lately so much stress I gained some back. The extra weight is draining me. I take furosemide for the PH and swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by karenboss View Post
    lung involvment is also common - though pluisy is more common in lupus than PH. I'm scheduled for pulmanry funtion testing on Friday, the dr is suspicious of ph in my case also.

My dr says "lupus is a varied and unpredictable disease"

Take Care,
    Becky