Thread: New Member

Thanks

Default New Member

Hi all! I have joined this group because my daughter was diagnosed with Lupus one month before her 18th Birthday. I am looking for anyone that received the Gardasil Vaccine and then developed Lupus. I am also looking to learn anything I can about Lupus and Lupus treatments.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Thornagold;
    I am Saysusie, moderator/administrator of this forum and I just wanted to give you a very warm welcome to our family. You will find that the people here are very kind, understanding and knowldegeable.
    I have heard about the adverse reactions to Gardasil. In fact, as of November 2009, 15,037 girls had officially reported adverse side effects from Gardasil which included: Guilliane-Barre syndrome, lupus, seizures, paralysis, blood clots and brain inflammation. Also, as of that date, the CDC had acknowledged 44 reported deaths following the vaccination of Gardasil.
    I tried to find information regarding the lessening of Lupus symptoms once the drug was terminated (most cases of drug-induced Lupus do diminish when the drug is no longer administered) but couldn't find much information.
    We are here to help both you and your daughter to understand Lupus and how it affects her and to help you both to become educated about Lupus. Again...welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hello Thornagold,

I'm a new member myself but have found this to be a welcoming and warm place!

Love and light!
    Melissa

Thanks

Thornagold, My daughter will be 18 next month and was diagnosed last week. We saw the rheumatologist Tuesday. She did not, however, take the Gardasil, so no connection there. Have no idea why she has this. Have attempted to learn more about it, but everything I read scares me to death and I don't know how to sift through it and know what applies to her and what doesn't.