Thread: Klonopin for RLS

Thanks

Default Klonopin for RLS

I realize this isn't a Lupus question but I'm hoping another member has some insight.

Two days ago, I resumed Klonopin, 1 mg, for restless leg syndrome. I took it for approx 1 mos three years ago and stopped because I didn't want to take any meds unless absolutely necessary (stupid I know because I haven't been able to sleep well for a long, long time).

Anyway, I am having diffuse stiffness-kinda like flu type aches and pains. Even my tushy is sore like I've been working out like a mad dog, which I haven't done.

Anyone else take Klonopin and have this as a side effect? I don't remember feeling like this when I took it previously.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know how I missed this post, Bonusmom! Did you get an answer for this or has the symptoms subsided?

I was given Klonopin to help me relax at night...not for RLS. It made my head pain much much worse. I ended up in the ER because of it. After I stopped it everything was back to the usual. I don't know why and was never given an explanation other than a warning to stay away from it.

Thanks

Hi Bonus Mom,

I take it for Fibromyalgia and off label for psorasis to relax the muscles and sleep. I usually ache all over. I have not noticd anything in addition tothe norm. I am sorry I was unale to help.

Faith