Thread: plasmapharesis anyone...?

Thanks

Default plasmapharesis anyone...?

hi there everybody!

have any of you done plasmapharesis? if so, what were your experiences?

my neuro wants me to do it, along with a round or two of cytoxan/rituxan and says i'll have to be in the hospital for about a month or so (NOT happy about that!).

i'm very interested to hear your thoughts! i hope you all are well.
    be well
    angela
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    diagnosed 2004 with sle affecting my heat/brain/cns, pulmo fibrosis, and vasculitis
    not a newbie here, been a "we have lupus" member since 2004 under the name ang192

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am moving your question up so that it can be seen again by our members. Hopefully someone with personal experience will respond.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I am of no help here but am also interested as I'm awaiting a similar treatment starting in march. Brand new to the boards but not to being sick. Chin up and much love and light!

Love and Light!
    Melissa

Thanks

Sorry, I don't know anything about this but wanted to wish you well and hope that you don't end up in the hospital for A MONTH!

Thanks

well, thanks anyway! we're still not sure if i'm gonna do it or not. my neuro and pulmo, along with dear hubby, really want me to do it. my rheumie thinks i should have another round of cytoxan/rituxan first, wait a few weeks, and if no improvement with my neuro and lung symptoms, then we move forward with the procedure.

apparently it's basically like 'blood washing'. they cycle out all of my blood, 'clean' it, meaning they clear out all the bad antibodies, then put it all back. i'll have to have chemo before and right after the procedure.

will keep you all posted.
    be well
    angela
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    diagnosed 2004 with sle affecting my heat/brain/cns, pulmo fibrosis, and vasculitis
    not a newbie here, been a "we have lupus" member since 2004 under the name ang192

Thanks

we are postponing the plasmapharesis for now and doing cytoxan/rituxan cycles. just finished first cycle and back for more on the 22nd/23rd. depending on how this goes will determine if we do the more aggressive one.
    be well
    angela
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~