Thread: Lupus and Exercise

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Lupus and Exercise

This is some info. from my local LFA chapter about Lupus and Exercise. http://viigo.im/26p7
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

Thanks for the link. My doctors always up my butt about exercising but I can never get motivated

Thanks

Thanks for the link, Becky.

I purchased a Wii and Wii Fit several months ago and as a bday gift to myself, I recently bought The Biggest Loser.for the Wii. The kids are coming up today to connect the Wii to the surround sound so I can "feel" it. I like the Wii because it's low impact. If I have had a particularly rough day, I love to take out my aggressions with the boxing program.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I do water aerobics now. But the last few weeks it's been to cold. They have a machine I might try. It's like the elliptical but you sit on it. I see lots of ppl get on it with disabilities. I go to a aquatic center here. I need to see the nurse there. She will help you make a plan. I can see the nurse at no extra cost.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I use a stationary bike. I'm still sitting; I do 15-30 minutes a day. I feel a lot better. the days I don't do it are pain filled days. Low Impact aerobics also help. I'm doing a Denise Austin tape at the moment. I now believe like the Docs that you feel a lot better after you exercise.

Nonna

Thanks

WOO HOO to exercise and stretching i say!!!!!!!! I used to be a personal trainer and ive worked out since i was 17. SO exercising was easy to keep as a part of my regimen even when i became very ill. Its so HARD some days and there ARE times when my body DOES need the complete REST so i just make sure i LISTEN to it! I use some free weights and soemtimes if im up to it ill do "body weight" exercises. BUT,its all about what i can handle. IT DOES HELP IN SO MANY WAYS!!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette