Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the Weather Like in Your Area

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default What's the Weather Like in Your Area

Here on the coastline of Southern California we are having a series of three rainstorms come in in the span of a week. The first one started today.
    It was supposed to come in tonight so it caught me by surprise when I left my Mom and Dad's today. I couldn't decide if I should go to the mall or not. There was a bracelet there that was going to be on sale for only today and tomorrow. I went, but prayed I would get home alright. I just pray that I will make it to the attorney's office and to the Dr. next week. Will see if mudslides, etc. develop or not over the next week.

Thanks

same here in northern( San Jose) California. rain rain and rain

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

It's snowing here in Maine. There must be some heavy winds because I can hear the big marker buoys out in the bay. They have a huge bell on them that rings if they are getting thrown around by wind and surf. Not too cold, 30 degrees.

Thanks

We are supposed to get wave after wave of storms coming onshore here on the Central Coast. The strongest storm is supposed to be on Wednesday night. They are worried about lots of rainfall and possible mudslides in the areas that were affected by fires earlier. They expect it to bring lots of snow to Tahoe and the other skiing areas. I'm thinking that once all of this crosses the mountain ranges Denver will get lots of snow and then it will be a weather-maker as it crosses the Midwest and the rest of the country. I'm beginning to feel like the early-warning system here. We do see the storms first as they come onshore.
    Jeff and I planned for this, so we did our errand-running yesterday. We even had a date night and went to see Sherlock Holmes, followed by a seafood dinner. Today, we're staying in and watching the rain outside. He's studying, and I'm doing laundry and housecleaning.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The weather here has been crazy! Saturday it was nice in the day and cool at night. Sunday was freezing rains and whipping winds. Today it is dry and clear and spring like. Last weekend it was in the single digits and teens and today it's about 50 degrees. tomorrow they are calling for rain or light snow.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

It's raining cats and dogs here in the Sacramento area. Add some gusty winds, hot cocoa and a fire crackling, you've got the recipe for a cozy day at home for this Domestic Goddess!

Thanks

Rained like crazy down here in SoCal too. We should be okay where we are at but I really feel for those who are in the burn areas, they are going to have problems. The sun is actually out right now as we speak, but I know it won't last long! I might run out to the store while I can!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well I tried to wash my clothes downstairs in the laundry room between the rain, but got caught in the rainstorm. The winds were pretty wild during this first rainstorm. Went out to the store this afternoon to get a few things I needed during this lull. Don't exactly know when the next one is coming. There are mudslide warnings in the burn areas here in Ventura County, CA.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's warmed up a little here in Georgia. But we are to get the rain that's hitting So Cal. I just wish Winter was over; I came south to avoid the cold but it seems to have followed me.

Nonna

Thanks

Snowing in Boston....BIG surprise...Hoping the weather will be keeping Coakley voters home...Oh yeah, Big 'Ol election here! National news. But I wont discuss politics here - just the weather...
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7