Thread: Suspect Lupus????

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Suspect Lupus????

Hello All,

I hope all is well with everyone. I don't consider myself to be new to this family, I have not been on this site for a long time, for I did not think I had the diagnosis of Lupus, so I was really confused reading your stories. It seemed like every time I read something it was not like me at all. I continue to see my Rhumey one a year. I have now seen him twice. He put me on Meloxicam 15 mg along with Plaqunil 200 mg. He told me on my last visit, that he wanted to change my meds from Naproxen 1000mg daily to the other meds mentiost ned above. My blood results came in and my family doctor read them along with the report from my Rheumy. It said that they highlt suspect that I have Lupus. Has anyone expeirence this?

Best Regards,
    Cindy

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad to hear from you Cindy. What you are experiencing right now is all too common. For many, Lupus can be a disease whose symptoms develop slowly and over a long period of time. In these cases, lab results may not be sufficient for doctors to make a definite diagnosis and symptoms may not be enough to even make a suspected guess. But, as happens often, over time, symptoms begin to develop and/or worsen and lab results begin to confirm suspicions. Doctors will then say that Lupus (or an auto-immune disorder) is probably going to be the diagnosis.
    It is for these reasons that many of us believe that we suffered from symptoms of the disease for many, many years before we got our diagnosis. It is also for these reasons that I always say that, even if you have not been diagnosed, you are still more than welcome to be a part of our family. We can still help you and be here for you and try to assist you in understanding what is going on.
    I hope that you do not have this disease, but if you do or you don't, please know that we are here to help you as much as we can and in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cindy,

i want to welcome you back. Like Saysusie said, it does not matter if you have a diagnosis....if you are even suspicious of a lupus diagnosis, this forum is a great place for you to ask questions and to gather information. Any way that you can educate yourself on what might be going on with you body, will make a diagnosis and treatment options easier.

After ready the posts here, you are aware of the many of us who went years searching for a name to our attacker. My labs were positive for lupus 12 years before the symptoms made the diagnosis very obvious. My rheumy and i had suspected lupus for several years, but it took time plus me joining this forum to eventually reach the point of a certain diagnosis. So, enjoy your time with us, join in whenever you want, and keep us posted on your progress.

With knowledgeable and compassionate drs.' care, and with your personal education, you will discover what is happening. Then you will be able to confidently begin a treatment plan.

thanks for believing in whl.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Mountaindreamer,

Thanks for answering my question. It is so difficult waiting for a diagnosis, there are days that I actually wonder if there is really anything wrong with me at all. I know the pain is there, and it radiates right through me. I know I have to be patient and wait, but it is sooooo hard. Do you have pain all the time or just sometimes? I have pain almost daily since December 4th, 09. I just started taking Meloxicam and Plaqunil about a month ago. I guess the meds will take a while to take effect. My family doctor is very supportive of me and is willing to meet with me when the pain too bad. My Rheumy is 8 hours away and he wants to see me again in 11 months. I guess I am blessed to have a Rhuemy after all. Ok well thanks again Mountaindreamer, I really appreciate your support.

Be well,
    Cindy