Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raynauds-My hands

Thanks

Default Raynauds-My hands

My hands are freakishly purple. not as bad as they have been. But its been days and they have basically looked the same. Very purple. Anyone else have really bad problems with their Raynauds?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks

geez! I know you have been saying that your hands are purple, but to see it, I am shivering for you. My nails are almost always blue lately and ice cold, but not nearly that bad. What did the rheumy say when he saw that?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

My toes looked a bit like that a few weeks ago. I sure hope that your rheumy does see your hands and can do something about it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My hands seriously look like that every time I go and she seems concerned but blows it off and doesnt give me any more suggestions other than to stay warm. which I do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is that why she prescribed the Norvasc? If so, it's not helping obviously and you need to try something else. Well, I should ask, how long have you been on it?

(((((Hugs)))))

My feet have taken it up a notch lately. And heck if I know why my hands turn color under warm water. I asked my new wonderful rheumy, thanks to Phyllis aka mountaindreamer, about it and she said raynaud's does that too. From what I gathered, going from the warm, and then the cooler air in the bathroom made them turn color.

Thanks

Mine get better under hot water. And I've been on the Norvasc since the end of last February

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Holy cow! That's a long time to be on something that is supposed to help. Push her on trying something else and if she won't, fire her sorry butt, Ritz.

Someone needs to invent battery powered heating gloves. Or have they already and I just don't know?

Thanks

Lol I dont know but I'll buy a few pairs =D I could use them

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my hands also turn all of those freaky colors. Sometimes i look at them, and just hide my hands so that no one can see the coloring. When they get really bright red, that is when they are burning from the inside...can be painful.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

You'll be happy to know that I just saw some battery operated heated gloves yesterday when I was researching Raynaud's. I'll find the info and post it in this thread.

I was really surprised to see the pix on-line of people with severe Raynaud's. Mine's not nearly that bad and I about fell out of my chair when I saw your post, Ritzbitz. Your poor hands.