Thread: Hello, I'm new to the board

Thanks

Default Hello, I'm new to the board

Hi, I hope you all are doing as well as can be expected.

I am 30 years old, and received my Lupus/Fibromyalgia/Gastroparisis/Rheanauds Phen. diagnosis all at once in 1998. I have had 2 Lupus pregnancies, and have been in a flare for over a year now. I've tried dealing with this by myself, but lately, it has become a little harder. I cannot work right now, so I stay at home with my 2 little ones who is my son who is just over a year old, and my baby daughter who is 4 months old (my miracle baby). I also have a big 9y/o girl who is back in school and just wonderful. She came along about a year before I knew for sure there was something terribly wrong with me. I hope to become a friendly name around here. Can't wait to catch up on all of the things that I haven't been able to find in my own research!
    Proud Lupus mom and wife of 3 wonderful kids.

Thanks

Welcome, bkelly. This is a great site for support and information. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well lately. I've been in a flare most of the summer and hope that the cool fall weather will bring some relief. It sounds like you have 3 wonderful children. I have two kids - a 7yr old boy and a 3yr old girl. Welcome again, and take care

Thanks

Welcome, bkelly. I am 32 years old but I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 19. My pregnancy went well but 3 months after my first son was born my lupus flared up real bad for a long time and I went thru the strong dose of medications, a blood transfusion & in chemotherapy (cytoxan) for about 6 months. On top of that I couldnít hold my new born son for those months because I didnít have the strength to get up to hold, feed or care for him like a regular mother. I too was tired of dealing with this situation & feel in depression but in a way I thought about my son needing his mother.

I have 2 sons, a 4 year old & a 2 year old. I was afraid of having my second son because I didnít want to go through all the things I went with my first son. Sometimes we need to hear other peopleís stories to get support & relief that lupus is not so easy to handle but we have to stay strong for our kinds. Take care of yourself, you are not alone.