Thread: Raynauds-My hands

Thanks

Default Raynauds-My hands

My hands look really bad. Are anyone elses this bad? I hate Raynauds. Its obnoxious.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

that does look annoying. I don't get that. Try to stay warm & hope it calms down for you.
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i'm so sorry for this, i hope you feel better soon
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know what that is like mine turn that way too. The doctor said he could give me some nitroglycerin creme to put on my wrists which dialates the blood vessels and helps the color to come back. He told me the only thing to be carefull with this is if the color in your hands does not come back soon or if you develope ulcers on any of your fingers to tell him right away. Good luck and stay warm. Bonita

Thanks

I've already had one ulcer. On that pointer finger in the picture. you cant see it that well there but it left a little scar on the tip becuz I didnt know what it was and I had it before I was diagnosed. I had it for a few months before getting on any meds. My pointer finger is ALWAYS like that. Unless I run my hands under burning hot water, becuz thats the only thing that remotely helps. I explain to her that it never looks better. The other ones occasionally do but that one is always like that and has been for the better part of this year. So I dont know what to do becuz I've done everything I know of to help it. Its mostly my right hand but now its getting worse in my left. Its frustrating.

Thanks

Hi Ritzbit,

One of the ladies in our church had it really bad; her hands turned black and she was losing complete circulation. I would be very, very careful. Honestly, I would get another opinion. It won't hurt and you won't continue worrying about it. Are there any other ladies in your community that have it that you could ask who they see for it? Maybe ask your primary for another rheumy referral?

Let us know what you decide and find out.

Take care and don't let them turn purple or black.

God Bless,

Faith