Thread: lupus (skin)

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default lupus (skin)

Does fatigue go along with this type of lupus? I was diagnosed just over a month ago & am taking plaquenell (can't spell either!). The top of my hair at the back has turned white & think it's getting thin. My skin itches like crazy some days; dr. says no allergy to the med., just mild dermitis. Anyone else have these symptons? I'm just learning about all of this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi belsmom. I think every form of lupus has fatigue attached to it. Do you mean the discoid form? I found this...

http://www.brighthub.com/science/med...les/60698.aspx...Discoid lupus and fatigue go hand in hand. This autoimmune disease results in skin rashes, fatigue and other symptoms.

I've tried supplements, watch my diet, get adequate exercise, and it doesn't seem to matter...I'm always tired. Bleah! But then I don't sleep so well so that could be it too.

Thanks

hey belsomom, im not that long diagnosed myself just 2 years, so i know how your feeling, you dont quite know what to expect so i will try help as much as i can, fatigue is one of the main complaints that people with lupus suffer from it can be very frustrating being so tired al thel time with no energy then when you want to sleep you cant, i myself am on plaquenil tablets but i did find when i was first put on them i took a reacting like the one you were talking about with my skin really ichy i mentioned it to my doctor and he said it happens to some people on this tablet so my dossage was lowered for couple of months then put back up and i havent had the problem since, i also had the same problem with my hair really bad thining at the back of my head, i find that if im having a flare up as its called i seem to have this problem with my hair, but dont worry when the flare up settles down your hair thickens back up again just as quick. hope this information helps.

Live life as if there is no tomorrow, because tomorrow isnt a promise its a chance.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Belsmom! I must agree with everyone . . . I do believe that fatigue does go along with this type of lupus. However, you do learn to manage it (if that makes sense at all!) Good luck and welcome!
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to froggal For This Useful Post:

belsmom (01-13-2010)

Thanks

I'm just wondering if most of the lupus symtons are about the same, regardless of type of lupus. I'm still learning. Thanks for your help & support!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Although every person's Lupus is different, there are some symptoms that seem to be universal..that being the extreme fatigue, sensitivity to sun (UV) and lights (fluorescent), some form of inflammation, and some skin rashes. It seems that every type of Lupus has some form of the above symptoms. The other universal symptoms is the fact that the course of the disease is unpredictable

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

If this is the luck of the Irish, I'm changing my heritage! It seems autoimmune diseases run in our family (diabetes, thyroid, skin diseases). I sleep too well & hard to get up in the mornings for work, even when I go to bed early. Weekends I take several naps. It is getting somewhat better; I've learned to drink some caffeine in early afternoon. My family dr. stopped my plaquenil for 4 days until the dermatologist did a biopsy and said that it wasn't the med making the rash/itching. I go to the rheum. in a week ( my 1st visit) so maybe he will have some advise. Everyone here has been so understanding and with good advise. Thanks!

Thanks

Thanks. I've found lots of web sites but this one seems far better than the others. It is discoid; a friend of mine who is a nurse & who treats patients with lupus spotted it right away (before I told her I'd been diagnosed). Yea, this kind is preferable to systemic, but it still has it's symptoms & most people don't know that. I will go to the link you sent.