Thread: carpal tunnel

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default carpal tunnel

Ok so I know I gripe a lot about my symptoms and blah blah but I have had carpal tunnel for a few years now but it's just now getting to the surgical point in my left hand, thank God I'm right handed. I was at the neurologist yesterday and he highly recommended surgery, and he's not one for surgery at all. I'm worried about it because of the recovery time. I have had a lot of decreased strength and in things I can do or grip but I'm scared. The recovery time is about two weeks before you can do anything with it and then at least 6 weeks until you can do any heavy lifting and such. Since my job requires me to lift a lot of heavy things, this sucks. I was out last year for 6 weeks from my gallbladder surgery and that SO sucked. Anyway, was wondering if anybody else has/had carpal tunnel and/or the surgery and what your experiences are. Thanks.
    micromedic
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.

Thanks

I had carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgery 11 months ago. The healing did not take long, but I had alot of scar tissue and had PT and was out of work for three months.
    Now almost a year later, my wrist is very weak, but the numbness I had in my fingers, is completely gone.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey you are not griping at all,its worrying if you have never had a surgery.I think Debbie b has the answer you need.I dont have it but will be thinking of you.
    Love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Sometimes carpal tunnel syndrome can be treated with vitamin B6 supplements. 100mg/day is completely safe - iirc, researchers found most people could tolerate up to 1000mg/day, and some people had problems at 500mg/day. B6 is nerve food. I have the book somewhere - "vitamin B6 therapy", iirc.

One of my doctors (a D.O.) wrote a paper about how some of his patients with carpal tunnel have a displaced bone in their wrist. He does his manipulation technique, the bone goes back into place, and the carpal tunnel problem goes away.

Sincerely,
    James Knochel

Thanks

I had carpal tunnel syndrome along with tendonitis in both hands at the same time. I had surgery on my right via microscopic surgery (1996) and it helped. I would do it in a second all over again. I didn't have scar tissue as all you can see is a 1/4 inch fine line where the incision was made. The first 24 hours was the worst and everything else afterward was a peace of cake. I rested it and attended physical therapy to strengthen it and I think that really helped. I drove to a larger community 2 hours away afteer seeing all the pix of the local releases. Scars up the arms, thick, bumpy, etc.. I asked to see pix when I had an office visit. I asked my primary for out of town referral. I am very thankful and blessed. I encourage you to do it; you will love it and it's one less aggravation.

Let us know what you decide.

Take care & God Bless,

Faith