Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here is sick of snow and who is hoping to get some? Or some more?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Who here is sick of snow and who is hoping to get some? Or some more?

We're supposed to get a couple of inches and it should start sometime today lasting into tomorrow. I'm in the group that hopes to finally get some of that white stuff...even if I don't get to go out in it, it would be nice to sit on the couch and watch it from the window, and watch my daughter enjoying it. She loves snow more than I do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am also looking forward to some snow.....but if the tv station interrupts the ball game tonight to tell us that it is snowing, i am afraid that my tv might be the first victim of this southern dusting.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am looking forward to some snow, we haven't had any yet this year. Being in SoCal, we can enjoy our snow days because they don't last very long and we rarely get snowed in. I can truly understand those of you who are in the midst of the worst weather in history and there seems to be no end to it for at least several more weeks. This seems to be happening all over the globe and I'm sure there are many of you who have had enough!!!
    Stay warm and know that we are thinking of you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I have a couple of acres that are nearly 5 feet deep of the white stuff. I don't really mind it right now, but give it another month, and I'll be ready to see it go away. Anybody who would like some can help themselves, but it's BYOSS here. (bring you own snow shovel)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i love looking at the snow and even venturing in to it if well enough!! here in uk we have had our second lot of snow in less than amonth!! its no way as much as your 5 feet of snow rob!! think worse is in sctotland at 25-30 cm but its like the whole country has shut down everything from big airports like gatwick!! to major roads all the way down to schools!!! here in esses there something like 250 hundrend school been closed last 2 days!!! and only snowed really first day biut with everything iced up today they decided to keep them closed today!! its just madness it happens every year!!!

Thanks

We've had about an inch on the ground here for a bit.. it started snowing about an hour ago (pretty light) but it's supposed to come heavier as the afternoon goes on.. they're saying 2-6 inches when it's all over. Not too bad, but I'm just not in the mood for it this year! Although, if I didn't have to go to work and school in it, I wouldn't mind... but alas, I can't hibernate.
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks

Snow is on the way here in Jersey...1-3 inches if they are accurate..(probably get a foot) I don't mind the snow but it has been extremely cold...not comfortable
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I love and live for snow snow n more snow We have about 4 foot and its about minus 11 now.(I have no thermometre so maybe minus 5 or something i bet lol ). I will take a photo tmrw better than my last one i took, so you can see how deep.I had to dig out my little dog today,she got cramp in her legs n dissapeared under the snow...poor girl. Thing is i slip,its like glass out there now....so i dont like that..so try n stay in the garden.They say yu all will get snow by Sunday so fingers crossed for those who wants it.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Nope...if I want snow I'll drive up to the mountains. Was a nice sunny warm day, I went for a walk with my honey down by the beach. I'm a weather wimp, I was born and raised in SoCal lol.

Thanks

Talking

I'm visiting in Arkansas to see the new grandson, and just a few nights ago, I saw the first snow that I had seen in 18 years! We've been stationed in South Texas and now in California, so I haven't seen it in that long. It was just a dusting, but it was beautiful to me.
    Now it's bitterly cold. I'm surprised at myself - I've acclimated very quickly. I've noticed that wet cold made my joints hurt, but now that it is a dry cold, I feel great. I'm walking around with my coat unzipped, just like when I lived in the colder climate. California is going to really feel warm when I get home.
    Marla