Thread: Waiting for diagnosis

Thanks

Default Waiting for diagnosis

I broke out in a rash 3 weeks ago that grew worse and worse. Because I have led an extremely healthy lifestyle for over 20 years and feel great I just figured the rash would go away. I finally sent to a dermatologist yesterday and he thinks I have lupus and did a biopsy as well as blood tests. After researching the internet the only other smptom I have are numbness in one finger when I am cold. There is no history of any autoimmune issues in my family. I just don't see how I could have lupus without feeling bad--fatigued. I exercise at least 5x a week, own my own business, and have kids. The only time I feel fatigue is a few days of PMS. Just wondering if there is anyone else who has lupus who started with so few symptoms. I know I should just wait to hear the results from the tests but the waiting is difficult!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi healthnut44,

first, welcome to our group.....the members of WHL are so very knowledgeable and compassionate....i hope you find membership as valuable as i have.

I know it is difficult, but please try to wait for the test results. And then, if the dermatologist does suspect lupus, you should seek an appointment with a recommended rheumatologist. Lupus is a very serious illness, but so many of us find a way to balance our lives while living with this life-altering disease.

I have seen others post here about having minimal symptoms and feeling good. I know lupus is a progressive illness, but there are medications that successfully slow this progression. Hopefully, your case can be managed and will remain at a minimal level.....

Please stay in touch, and let us know what the dr. says. When will you know the results?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum and i hope soon you get your reults and a diagnosis.For me i felt depressed at first then hairloss, no aches or pains,but really bad fatigue.Now i have many symptoms,just seem to creep up on me.I too was active,healthy (ok so i eat chocolate lol) so was a shock as now im not very active like i used to be.

Keep in touch n let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree that you should not over stress yourself about this until you have the results from the dermatologist and your bloodwork.
    Also, please know that there are several different types of Lupus. One is known as Discoidal Lupus and this type ONLY affects the skin (rashes, lesions, ulcers). Often, persons with Discoidal Lupus do not suffer from the fatigue, joint pains, and general malaise that the rest of us with Systemic Lupus suffer from.
    So, it is really best that you wait for your results so that you can find out exactly what type of Lupus you may have.
    We are here for you, regardless of your diagnosis, and will help you in any way that we can. Welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!